Working with 4k video

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a Phantom 3 (currently I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus) and am wondering about what I would need to properly edit and view 4K video. Specifically, what computer capabilities do I need to process and edit 4K video and what size and sort of TV or video monitor is needed to properly view such video. What software is needed to edit and render 4K?

I realize that I could buy the Phantom 3 Advanced model and not contend with such questions, but I am tempted to buy the Professional if for no other reason than to "future proof" myself.

If anyone knows answers to these questions I would appreciate specifics - ie, what video card do I need, what processing power, etc. I am aware of the general information that says you need "a powerful rig, etc" so don't need that sort of general advice.

Thank you!

I bought a Lenovo y50 4k laptop. Had it before I got the p3. And works flawless rendering / playing 4k video.

4k is no joke. Will definitely need some hefty processing to handle It

You might look for a program that transcodes 4k into proxy files that can be easily edited. Then when you finally render it can use the 4k files. I use Sony Vegas Pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20