Wooden props ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Wow anyone had a play with these,made from Beachwood, not cheap either,$66 a set,does say bit quieter ,might try some
Screenshot_20180220-075635.jpg
Screenshot_20180220-080356.jpg

Maybe the "beechwood" spelling got you ;)

When the guys at the local small air field park their old planes with wooden props....its customary to be sure ignition IS " OFF " and rotate them wood props to be parallel to the ground and some park over dirt floors some dont.....so wood props will hopefully absorb moisture evenly and stay in balance...I really think Dji has put a whole lots of work in their props and ever notice how much bigger the dji props are near the motors and thin out farther to the tips ?..........i my self never care to use any others but dji ! you can get 2 at walmart for less then 6 bucks ! have a great day .

I Love the noise the Dji props send out )))))))))))...its a warning sign to beware....you cant hear it up in the air anyways 400 feet away Right " Soooooooooo Drone Onnnnnnnnnn>

Last edited:
Yeh that good price,our shops are crapp here,no one stocks anything ,they sell drones but not the extras or blades,sad,get all through ferntec or ebay,yes I prefer to use dji props myself, had no issues with them but got curious when saw those,thought some might have been useing already but not much feedback on them so will keep clear,yes thanks same,I try have good day it's raining and got some bad wind coming,no flying since last week,withdrawals. :)

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Are there nuts or do these have a hub?

Yeah.. P3P type are self tightening, P4 I think use nut/washer.
Ordered natural wood color.. what next?

I only use fragile plastic props. Doing insurance inspections i have to get close to many obsticles. The wind tunnel effect between houses is vicious. I've had my P4 blown 2 foot to the side in less than a second so I've had props introduce themselves to fences, etc... I'd rather have props that breaks easily, therefore not damaging the motors or something worse. Not unlike the shear pin on an outboard boat motor.

I only use fragile plastic props. Doing insurance inspections i have to get close to many obsticles. The wind tunnel effect between houses is vicious. I've had my P4 blown 2 foot to the side in less than a second so I've had props introduce themselves to fences, etc... I'd rather have props that breaks easily, therefore not damaging the motors or something worse. Not unlike the shear pin on an outboard boat motor.
Amen!

Use the DJI plastic props. From the research I did, that is the way to go.

If you use this pasta together with the German beech wood propellers, you will undoubtedly fly faster.

View attachment 95510

Okay......... I'm gonna bite! WTF is with this "pasta"? For me, that's a nice dish of penne with bolognais and a sprinkling of freshly grated Romano (I'm 100% Italian).

And, moreover, why would anyone want to use wooden props that require far more maintenance, when the OEM props are darn good and priced right???

:::::::::: ducking ::::::: o_O

Okay......... I'm gonna bite! WTF is with this "pasta"? For me, that's a nice dish of penne with bolognais and a sprinkling of freshly grated Romano (I'm 100% Italian).

And, moreover, why would anyone want to use wooden props that require far more maintenance, when the OEM props are darn good and priced right???

:::::::::: ducking ::::::: o_O

Not only that but the OEMs are part of a tuned ‘system’ to proved best performance.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3