Wonder what happened?

My friend was flying normally without any issues and all of the sudden phantom advanced just falls out of the air lodging at the top of a tree hanging out over the river making recovery very unlikely. Was puzzling because it was high enough to clear all of the trees and when going back and uploading the flight file to healthy drones and also looking at the kml file, it dropped very fast and landed in the top of the tree. Props were tight, checked before flight and battery still had 34% when it crashed. Received a "lost signal" warning half way through the flight but unplugging and re plugged cable to phone and signal came back and it flew normally until crash. This was the first flight after upgrading to new firmware. After upgrading IMU calibration, Gimbal calibration and compass was calibrated. Can anyone review these logs and see if you can assist me with finding out some answers?

Thanks

Healthy Drones:: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Phantom 3 log viewer:: Phantom 3 Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
If you post the Dat files of that day in dropbox or google drive I can have a look at them in Dashware and post results here.

My friend recovered his bird today with the help of another friend that climbed the tree... it went for a quick swim, but hopefully will dry out..

Glad it was recovered! That Drone Tree Retriever does kinda look bad ***, but if I pulled that out of my pack I am sure someone would call the cops here in Kommiefornia.

Glad it was recovered! That Drone Tree Retriever does kinda look bad ***, but if I pulled that out of my pack I am sure someone would call the cops here in Kommiefornia.

lol.. kommiefornia.. we brought out my tennis ball launcher... nobody said a word in our small town... sounded like a cannon going off.

Attachments

• potato gun brian.jpg
    potato gun brian.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 297
Small towns are great for this kinda shite.

I loved my PVC tennis ball / potato cannon till the Girlfriend got really paranoid. One of our dogs would hide under the bed with his *** pushed into the rear wall and come out visibly shaking for 15 minutes every time I fired it nearby.

I built it with a barbecue igniter (scavenged from Craigslist free barbeques - people would hate when I arrived and just yanked the igniter and left)

I built it with the igniter so I did not have to use the lighter at the bottom hole all the time. Just press the piezio electronic barbeque button and BOOM! I wanted to upgrade to butane injection , but that was a no go with the Girlfriend. Uggh

I loved my PVC tennis ball / potato cannon till the Girlfriend got really paranoid. One of our dogs would hide under the bed with his *** pushed into the rear wall and come out visibly shaking for 15 minutes every time I fired it nearby.

I built it with a barbecue igniter (scavenged from Craigslist free barbeques - people would hate when I arrived and just yanked the igniter and left)

I built it with the igniter so I did not have to use the lighter at the bottom hole all the time. Just press the piezio electronic barbeque button and BOOM! I wanted to upgrade to butane injection , but that was a no go with the Girlfriend. Uggh

yep, has the push button ignition.

so today, the phantom was taken apart and cleaned good with electronic cleaner and dried out. Even after staying up in the tree all night during pouring rain and being knocked into the river out of the tree... with a fresh battery it started up and flew just fine. went through the whole battery and it seems to fly like nothing ever happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: dotcomray
so today, the phantom was taken apart and cleaned good with electronic cleaner and dried out. Even after staying up in the tree all night during pouring rain and being knocked into the river out of the tree... with a fresh battery it started up and flew just fine. went through the whole battery and it seems to fly like nothing ever happened.

Sweet. That's awesome. I'm glad to hear it.

I just laughed so hard I had tears I'm my eyes on this one. Butane injection......that's funny!!

Reactions: dewaynet
I just laughed so hard I had tears I'm my eyes on this one. Butane injection......that's funny!!

Its a thing. Honest! Uses a regulator for precise gas input or one can just crank the valve open and then shut real quick , but that becomes perilous as one could over gas and have a PVC Claymore potato mine.

Awesome Sauce!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj