Wobbly P3

I don't think you should be oiling bearings.

You said you calibrated everything, that is sill vague.
You did do a IMU?

Rod

Last edited:
I don't think you should be oiling bearings.

You said you calibrated everything, that is sill vague.
You did do a IMU?

Rod
Everything that can be calibrated. I suppose that means gimbal, compass and IMU. So oiling a bearing is bad?

Seems they are sealed and the oil will collect dirt, I'm surprised nobody else has posted there opinion. I'm not sure about your wobble. I short clip from a phone may help these guys.

Rod

The oil-bearing has been discussed and there are differing opinions. DJI does not recommend it and seemingly most who have spoken do not either. It will retain foreign material and generally muck up the works when over applied.
Some folks love to tinker and this is one of those subjects where people ‘feel’ it helps with no hard evidence.

Thanks Man...

Rod

Ok. The led one the left rear is blinking 3 fast yellow flashes and the one on the right three fast red flashes. Does that signify a voltage alert?
141408yoiiixk0trvbzait.jpg

Sure can't tell, searched through the manual.
Manuel says No Comprende. ;)

Note your sticker doesn't have a DJI name on it.

Yeah, wish we had better documentation. :rolleyes:

Rod

Lets see that video.

I had the same problem with my P3 after a crash. the plastic had cracked underneath one off the motors. I ordered the reinforcement plates from ebay and it flys like a dream now.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Hello everyone. I'm brand new here and hope I can get some help from you knowledgeable people.
Yesterday, I was distracted when my drone wandered into a tree at a height of about ten feet. It crashed and the battery popped out. I brushed it off and reinstalled it and fired it back up. Now the thing wobbles something fierce. After calibrating everything, there was no change. There is no play at all in the motors and the prop shafts don't appear to have any runout. I let the bird idle on the ground and checked to see if there was any noticeable difference in rpms in the motors. One did seem slower and maybe two did. So, with it still in idle, I would push the right stick full left and right as if I were flying left then right. The motors on the right side spun up a fair amount faster than the left ones. I have taken it apart and don't see anywhere they could be binding and there are no loose wires inside the bird. The motors all turn by hand with about the same resistance. It's really hard for me to believe that the motors are at fault but I'm not sure. I don't know what to try next. I really can't afford to send it in for an expensive repair. I got a good deal on it refurbished for $297.00. and I figure it might cost that much to get it fixed by professionals. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
have you checked the gimbal mount if it's cracked and does the camera track ok I know it's a long shot but mine wobbled a bit with a cracked gimbal mount.

Sounds like most likely or probable that one or more motors may have fried themselves when it was stuck in the tree and still trying to fly. Try turning each one by hand slowly when not powered on, and see if any have any binding issues. If no wires are damaged, may be a motor issue. Other than that, no idea. Sorry.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT