Windy day not able to fly AP mission

Reaction score
I shot this video last Saturday October 29, 2016., in a town by the name of El Morro Mexico.
We planned this trip weeks in advance, made hotel reservations and drove from Los Angeles California down south through the Mexican border. I took the time to create couple of Autopilot missions and were saved in my iPhone. All along my plan to make a run around the POI and the coastal area of all resorts.

The day we arrived the temperature was about 82 degrees with winds of about 16 MPH, that's correct. I was really worried so the first thing I did was got her out of the bag and performed a calibration as prescribed in the user's manual. I launched and let her hover at about 45 ft for 30 seconds and notice that she was struggling with the wind. At that point I decided it was not a good idea to run my AP mission in fears of losing her, so I had to go for it manually. It was so windy that I was having a hard time keeping my RC stable in my hands.
Please excuse any jerky movements in the video, I did my very best. The POI is 75 feet tall not including the base, 30 ft.

Anyway here is:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl