Will this accessory kill my warranty?

Reaction score
I purchased a camera guard which attaches to the belly of the Mavic, I'm dubious about fitting it as I fear it may interfere with warranty as it involves undoing 4 screws and replacing them with slightly longer screws with standoffs. I'm also not sure how much protection it actually gives. I read somewhere certain guards can interfere with the Mavic's cooling inlets, this is why I went for this type. So which is the best? I've looked at Ebay and see one from a local seller for $38.50 and the same type is under $2 from China with free delivery, (how can they do that?)

One other question regarding accessories, the Silicone covers, are they OK to use? I purchased one simply because the Sun can be really hard on quadcopters and I was concerned about my Mavic overheating in direct sunlight, especially when the temperature is up around 45' C. I thought the lighter colour would tend to reflect more than the darker colour of the Mavic. I was worried it would absorb more heat and cause problems to the electronics. Any help would be appreciated, If there's such a thing as "Must Have" accessories please let me know. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hopefully someone here can help- you may also find mavicpilots.com has more members familiar with Mavic’s and accessories.

higherperspective a simple answer, because I didn't buy it from that seller. Does that satisfy you? There were no reviews showing when I made the purchase. Anyway, I didn't ask "should I have bought it", I asked if I should fit it and would it affect my warranty. It's considered bad form to answer a question with a question. Thank you With The Birds, I'll ask them the same question. Actually I was led to believe this forum was ALL DJI users, I had no idea it was only for Phantom users. Now I understand why I was barred from the forum simply for using a supposedly VULGAR word. A word which is in common usage and usually heard coming from the lips of the clergy. How vulgar of me. The err, person who barred me promised he would be "Following me" when I returned. What a very friendly forum we have here. Barred for daring to utter the name of a place below heaven. And I might add used in the correct context. And I've since found out is perfectly acceptable anywhere else but this forum. As for the threat of having him "follow" me, I honestly couldn't think of a more disgusting thing any "Moderator" could say. So much for "Moderation"

higherperspective a simple answer, because I didn't buy it from that seller. Does that satisfy you? There were no reviews showing when I made the purchase. Anyway, I didn't ask "should I have bought it", I asked if I should fit it and would it affect my warranty. It's considered bad form to answer a question with a question. Thank you With The Birds, I'll ask them the same question. Actually I was led to believe this forum was ALL DJI users, I had no idea it was only for Phantom users. Now I understand why I was barred from the forum simply for using a supposedly VULGAR word. A word which is in common usage and usually heard coming from the lips of the clergy. How vulgar of me. The err, person who barred me promised he would be "Following me" when I returned. What a very friendly forum we have here. Barred for daring to utter the name of a place below heaven. And I might add used in the correct context. And I've since found out is perfectly acceptable anywhere else but this forum. As for the threat of having him "follow" me, I honestly couldn't think of a more disgusting thing any "Moderator" could say. So much for "Moderation"
Red for many Christians or Jews that might choose to apply a broad interpretation to the second or third commandment it might be argued that certain usage of the subject word is taboo. I can’t understand how that might be in modern times personally but I am conscious of not causing undue offence to people so I am happy to not use it here. In any case this is a privately owned forum so we accept the rules and get on with it or we don’t play. That part is easy to understand.

Btw- it seems they missed a few- there is nine pages of them LOL Search Results for Query: Hell | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Last edited:
As to the camera guard I wouldn’t fit it. From reported issues the mavic has with cooling it would probably not be a great idea to compromise airflow in any way. You need to also consider the weight penalty, I don’t think there is much if any margin allowed in the design to reliably carry additional payload.

Oh you naughty, naughty boy, you used a Vulgar word, as did 11 others. I wonder if every one of them got a nasty message and threats of "Being Followed" I just wrote a long post about my thoughts of how we have hoards of nobodies dictating what we can and can't say. Poor little snowflakes who go on 3 years of sick leave over a legitimate complaint written on social media and three young lives completely ruined because of it. You can find the story somewhere on the net about 3 young University students who wanted to use computers reserved for Aboriginal students, no white guys allowed.

Anyway I'm amazed at your detective work and finding 11 instances of that "Vulgar" word being uttered. Actually 12 now.you naughty naughty boy. I wonder if they received an unfriendly warning and threats of being "Followed" in the future. How friendly is this forum when your threatened with being singled out and every word being looked at for some inkling of vulgarity?

I've checked the airflow matter and everything I have isn't a problem where airflow is concerned. In fact one camera protector encourages air flow. As for the weight, seriously? I doubt the Mavic would even know it's there. One which DJI supplied definitely could cause problems. But I don't think it's meant to be fitted whilst flying. It came ready fitted on the Mavic the clear plastic bubble type

Sadly I'm no further ahead. If I fit it, will I lose my warranty. I may try the double sided tape, but by looking at the underside there's very little flat surface to sick to. I think I'll just put it away and forget about it. I think my only accessory I need is the kit of lens filters, but even those have been written off by some photographers. Maybe I'll just fly it and save my money for a used Mavic 2 this time next year. He** this is a worry. I almost said it. I wonder if just thinking it is grounds for a banning? Maybe "Heck" is a vulgar word as well. :p

Further to With The Birds concern with weight on the Mavic. Have you seen the fitting which allows for a GoPro to be strapped to the Mavic? and the modifications fitting a transmitter and two better antennas. Obviously the Mavic can carry extra weight. The question is "how much" Personally I see no problems with fitting any of the accessories DJI has in their Mavic Combo pack. If the Mavic couldn't carry those then why does DJI make them available?

Every quadcopter I've come across, apart from those tiny palm sized toys, can carry extra weight to some degree. I've seen one guy fit a gimbal, GoPro and transmitter plus antenna to a poor little Bugs 3. It needed more throttle, but flew reasonably well. Another guy did the exact same thing with identical equipment and his Bugs couldn't get off the ground. I doubt that would be the case with the Mavic, but then it already comes with everything as stock. A few accessories mentioned here would be cause for alarm apart from the GoPro of course. Oh yes, I spotted a gadget you bolt under the Mavic on which you can hang various cameras. I wondered who'd be silly enough to mess up the sensors etc. under there. I can't imagine them getting killed in the rush to buy them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl