A big thank you to a DJI Dealer.

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum after my darling wife had a nice win at the local RSL club. She gave me half and told me to buy the Mavic I'd been telling her about. The DJI dealer I found in Melbourne, D1 Store was the name. He looked after me extremely well and gave all the help to get everything registered and ready to fly.
Last week I received another pleasant surprise a long overdue and forgotten loan was suddenly paid back so I purchased the DJI Goggles. Not only did I get the very fast and friendly service from the same dealer, but when the Goggles arrived there was an extra box, a rather large one. It had Accessories Combo - For Mavic Pro Standard on the front. This wasn't shown in any advertising for the Goggles so I thought it may have been the charger etc. On opening it I was very happy to find all sorts of goodies from DJI. Leg extensions for the Mavic, a landing pad, controller gimbal protector, Camera Lens cover, Neck strap and other accessories.

All this for a price lower than anyone else in Australia. I'd like to recommend this dealer to anyone in Australia thinking about buying anything DJI. The manager I spoke with named Macgregor was very helpful and gave me a toll free number to call if I needed any help. This type of service these days is hard to come by, he's now won a loyal customer and I'll be buying all DJI product from him in the future. Actually I thought the purchase of the MPP would be my final fling, but should my wife win another windfall or a few more unpaid loans turn up, just maybe it'll be the Mavic 2 with that Hasselblad camera which flies my way. Don't tell my wife though. :)

Did D1 give you a further discount? Their prices are DJI recommended retail for Australia- same price as from DJI delivered to the door. For the Mavic 2 anyway- they might be clearing old stock for earlier models.

Does it really matter what I paid? Suffice to say I paid less than many other prices I've seen, in fact less than some people were selling their used goggles for. I'm not even sure I'm supposed to giving actual prices on this forum. I assure you the Goggles I received weren't "old stock" It sounds as if you're upset about any thoughts of discounting. Such matters of price fixing aren't allowed in Australia. If a dealer wishes to discount I would have thought the end price was his business and that of his customer. Maybe I've misunderstood your comment, but you do appear to be overly concerned about what I paid. I was referring to the DJI Goggles and not the Mavic Platinum. Although I did indeed receive a welcome discount on the advertised price on it as well. I have no reason to think the initial price was purposely over inflated to allow for a discount.

Let's just leave it here, I was more than happy with the prices I paid, but more so with the very friendly and helpful service I received and promised I would receive in the future. A combination of both was the reason I went back for the Goggles and hopefully return again for other DJI products in the future. The reason for posting my comment was simply to help anyone else in Australia who was considering buying something DJI related. Is it wrong to recommend any dealers? I spent some time searching for someone who I was happy to deal with. I sent a total of 6 emails to various dealers in both Melbourne and Sydney. I based my selection on the replies I received. One didn't bother to reply, one told me to get lost as he believed me to be spying for another dealer and by far the most helpful and friendly dealer was D1 Store.

Dare I add, prior to buying the MPP, my thoughts regarding DJI prices weren't exactly friendly. In fact I was told a number of rather scary stories about their servicing and repair dealings. But find me a big company which doesn't have it's haters and the majority of them never having any dealings with the company they put down. I'd always been of the opinion their products were overpriced. I have now completely changed my outlook and hope to remain a loyal customer. Now that I own the Mavic and Goggles I can see why they are priced as they are and coming across Macgregor is the only reason I decided to buy new. Plus of course being scammed on my first attempt to buy a Mavic. Anyway, I'm happy things worked out the way they did and hopefully there's room for me among the many happy DJI owners who already fly DJI.

Now all I need is for the weather to be as friendly and let me maiden my Mavic. Ever since the Mavic arrived every day has been too windy to fly. Living on a large plain does have it's disadvantages and sadly windy conditions are normal for this time of year. Happy flying to all.

Reactions: trcsmith

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik