Will the windsurfer range extender makes livefeed more stable?

Reaction score
Does the windsurfer range extenders from amazon (skyreats)makes also the livefeed from my iPad mini 2 more stable? Sometimes my livefeed is freezing for 3 secs and it will be back to normal and when it freezes(im doing for about 1000ft distance and 350ft altitude and then im panicking lol. And does the windsurfer range extenders worth it for P3P? I'm not planning to fly very far but i just want to make my signal more stable. Thanks!

Yeah, I agree with sandman. If you're getting into range issues at 1,000', then you've got a problem with interference or general connectivity, so I suggest you try flying in another location and see if that helps. I've found there's no logical reason why you can fly 10,000 in one place and only 4,000 somewhere else before you lose connectivity. The windsurfer will make the signals from the RC more "directional", so you always have to make sure the antennas are pointing toward the AC; the app radar will be your best friend.

Your pro shouldn't be having video problems at only 1,000ft...

Yeah, I agree with sandman. If you're getting into range issues at 1,000', then you've got a problem with interference or general connectivity, so I suggest you try flying in another location and see if that helps. I've found there's no logical reason why you can fly 10,000 in one place and only 4,000 somewhere else before you lose connectivity. The windsurfer will make the signals from the RC more "directional", so you always have to make sure the antennas are pointing toward the AC; the app radar will be your best friend.

Yeah, i'm surprised that within 1000ft im having problem but it is just on the live feed tho. Ill try again flying next time, i flew it in an open field but it is near stadium lol. The i tried flying in beach and i got a lot of problems like compass error but it was fixed after 2 calibration then after 600ft of distance and 300ft of altitude, got aircraft disconnectrd for 5 secs and came back. Then loses live feed video as well. Maybe because of a lot of interference near the beach. But i got those problems after the update. I should not updated my AC lol.thanks for the help!

Yeah, i'm surprised that within 1000ft im having problem but it is just on the live feed tho. Ill try again flying next time, i flew it in an open field but it is near stadium lol. The i tried flying in beach and i got a lot of problems like compass error but it was fixed after 2 calibration then after 600ft of distance and 300ft of altitude, got aircraft disconnectrd for 5 secs and came back. Then loses live feed video as well. Maybe because of a lot of interference near the beach. But i got those problems after the update. I should not updated my AC lol.thanks for the help!
I've updated the RC and AC with the latest FW's and its had zero effect on its operation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic