Will P4P get Panoramic mode?

Since the mavic just got updated, is there any talk or chance the Phantom 4 Pro/Advance get the Panoramic function in the GO app?
According to one of the moderators on the DJI forum, it's coming in a firmware update soon-ish.
In the mean time, the Phantom is an excellent machine for manually shooting panoramas without needing any assistance from an app.

Reactions: GooterPhantom4Pro
According to one of the moderators on the DJI forum, it's coming in a firmware update soon-ish.
In the mean time, the Phantom is an excellent machine for manually shooting panoramas without needing any assistance from an app.

Manually? How many photos do you need to shoot with decent overleap? More then a few. I use litchi for the panoshooting and to be honest, there is no reason for me to use the DJI GO app, it does not offer anything more compared to litchi. Yes, I know aboth the warranty thing, but as DJI behaves bad to their customers having any HW issue, I take the risk to use litchi.

Reactions: tml4191
Manually? How many photos do you need to shoot with decent overleap? More then a few. I use litchi for the panoshooting and to be honest, there is no reason for me to use the DJI GO app, it does not offer anything more compared to litchi. Yes, I know aboth the warranty thing, but as DJI behaves bad to their customers having any HW issue, I take the risk to use litchi.
Litchi panos are awesome. I like the simple functionality in DJI go though. If anyone still needs panos, I think Litchi still has their Black Friday sale going on until after Cyber Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: pporozin
Manually? How many photos do you need to shoot with decent overlap? More then a few.
You shoot as many or as few as you want for the image you want to create.
Shooting manually in DJI Go is much faster and simpler than using an app to automate the pano shooting.
I've tried some and they irritated me because they were so slow.
Here's an example of a big one:
949-67AAA-X3.jpg

I use litchi for the panoshooting and to be honest, there is no reason for me to use the DJI GO app, it does not offer anything more compared to litchi. Yes, I know about the warranty thing, but as DJI behaves bad to their customers having any HW issue, I take the risk to use litchi.
Being able to use Aperture Priority auto exposure is a good reason to use DJI Go if you're a photographer.
As for your comment about DJI treating everyone with a hardware issue badly .... you're a long way from the truth and fooling yourself.
I wonder what you know about "the warranty thing".
Using Litchi doesn't mean you have no warranty. As long as you can find the drone, you have a good chance of a warranty claim if it was a genuine malfunction.

Shooting manually in DJI Go is much faster and simpler than using an app to automate the pano shooting.
949-67AAA-X3.jpg

Being able to use Aperture Priority auto exposure is a good reason to use DJI Go if you're a photographer.
As for your comment about DJI treating everyone with a hardware issue badly .... you're a long way from the truth and fooling yourself.
Using Litchi doesn't mean you have no warranty. As long as you can find the drone, you have a good chance of a warranty claim if it was a genuine malfunction.

Yes, Meta4 is correct; manually shooting panos on DJI Go is faster, but Litchi is great for set-it-and-forget-it photography. :)

Great shot btw @ Meta4.

Reactions: GooterPhantom4Pro
949-67AAA-X3.jpg

The aperture priority is correct, my fault.

My experience with DJI: bought a new battery from their site, the battery was working exactly for 3 flights. Then it just died. Had to return it, so I contacted DJI. It took 5 e-mails and 1 twitter comment with them just to understand them that I have a faulty battery and want to get it replaced/repaired under the warranty. They promissed to send me the shipping label so I do not need to pay the sending costs. Did not happen. So I sent it back and the battery is still somewhere and no response from them for a month. So this week I will break the legal contract with them (EU) because they are not able to respect the 30 day warranty defined by law.
Another point - asking anything their support means that some chinese guy will reply and forward your e-mail several times to different prople and after having 20+ e-mails on a single topic the guys have still no clue what is the issue mentioned in the initial e-mail and who should respond on that.

Regarding the warranty - the after sales policy does NOT cover a failure, or damage caused by, any third party products.. dji.com/service/policy
Yes, you might get lucky that DJI will state your crash was their fault, but looking at the other users experience here on the forum I doubt they will do it.

Reactions: ravedog
Regarding the warranty - the after sales policy does NOT cover a failure, or damage caused by, any third party products.. dji.com/service/policy
You wouldn't expect DJI to pay up if the cause of a crash was 3rd party software.
It's very rare for the use of a 3rd party product cause a crash. I don't think I've ever heard of it.
Yes, you might get lucky that DJI will state your crash was their fault, but looking at the other users experience here on the forum I doubt they will do it.
You might doubt it, but there are plenty of cases where DJI have approved warranty claims where people have been flying with Litchi.
As long as you can find the drone so they can examine the .dat file it's no problem.
Problems happen where the Phantom is lost as DJI won't consider a claim unless you can produce a DJI flight record.
And that's understandable too.

Reactions: andy_k and pporozin
The aperture priority is correct, my fault.

My experience with DJI: ......

My experience with Litchi - purchase the software because it now includes aperture priority (as of March 2017) only to find there is no aperture priority

Raise support query with Litchi - no response at all
Contact Litchi direct via social media - no response at all
Ask question on Litchi groups/forums and get the following
  • called a 'noob' and laughed at because 'all pro photographers shoot in manual all the time'
  • told to rtfm
  • told to follow the instructions on Litchi's web page
  • told it must be my fault and to reinstall the app
  • finally get told by someone that it only works on IOS
Litchi support is woeful - even their website says the docs/manual may be out of date!!!

Reactions: pporozin
finally get told by someone that it only works on IOS

Litchi support is woeful - even their website says the docs/manual may be out of date!!!

Maybe therefore I did not notice as I am using iOS. Great info, thank you! I have never used litchi support.

My experience with Litchi - purchase the software because it now includes aperture priority (as of March 2017) only to find there is no aperture priority

Contact Litchi direct via social media - no response at all
Ask question on Litchi groups/forums and get the following
  • called a 'noob' and laughed at because 'all pro photographers shoot in manual all the time'
  • told to rtfm
  • told to follow the instructions on Litchi's web page
  • told it must be my fault and to reinstall the app
  • finally get told by someone that it only works on IOS
If you want to email Litchi, contact them at "[email protected]." They emailed me back recently and told me about the Black Friday sale.

If you want to email Litchi, contact them at "[email protected]." They emailed me back recently and told me about the Black Friday sale.

as I said in my post......

yep, they are very good at sending out marketing emails - in my experience, they are very poor at dealing with actual support requests. [email protected] is more [email protected] :D

You might doubt it, but there are plenty of cases where DJI have approved warranty claims where people have been flying with Litchi.
As long as you can find the drone so they can examine the .dat file it's no problem.
Problems happen where the Phantom is lost as DJI won't consider a claim unless you can produce a DJI flight record.
And that's understandable too.
FYI to all: The .dat files are going away. DJI currently refuses to look at them where they exist (recent P4P warranty claim denied by DJI, while refusing to examine onboard .dat file that would have contradicted their entirely speculative assumptions about the cause of the crash!) and newer aircraft (latest Mavics) no longer even have an internal micoSD card to record them!

I’ll third “do it manually”
Tried shooting auto with Litchi, Autopilot, Dronepan, a couple dedicated ones. They all suffer from some combination of too slow, not reliable (missing frames and/or not enough overlap), and/or not flexible enough.

This is exacerbated the further from “one row of single exposures” you want to shoot, especially if you want to go full 360, HDR, or HDR 360 like this one:
A Fall View of Shenipsit Lake - JeremyPollack.net

Haven’t tried Hugin. I ingest to Lightroom, export & process batch in PTGui, then for non-360 HDR do batch tonemap in Photomatix.

I’ll third “do it manually”
Tried shooting auto with Litchi, Autopilot, Dronepan, a couple dedicated ones. They all suffer from some combination of too slow, not reliable (missing frames and/or not enough overlap), and/or not flexible enough.

This is exacerbated the further from “one row of single exposures” you want to shoot, especially if you want to go full 360, HDR, or HDR 360 like this one:
A Fall View of Shenipsit Lake - JeremyPollack.net

Haven’t tried Hugin. I ingest to Lightroom, export & process batch in PTGui, then for non-360 HDR do batch tonemap in Photomatix.
You forgot to paint the ceiling! ;)

Reactions: DaRana
You forgot to paint the ceiling! ;)

Nah, just a passing black hole. [emoji4]

Yeah - was tired at the end of that one and just wanted to be finished. It’s a 1.8GB TIFF after compression, coincidentally enough 360 source pics in the original. :) Suffice to say it took more than a few mins to create! It’s on “the list” to pop over to the go back and fill in the sky ... at some point. :)

Nah, just a passing black hole. [emoji4]

Yeah - was tired at the end of that one and just wanted to be finished. It’s a 1.8GB TIFF after compression, coincidentally enough 360 source pics in the original. :) Suffice to say it took more than a few mins to create! It’s on “the list” to pop over to the go back and fill in the sky ... at some point. :)
Spherical panoramas are some of my favorite ways to share aerial imagery! Need to slow down and make a few more! Thanks for reminding me, by sharing yours! :cool:

Reactions: DaRana

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31