Will not hold altitude

Since he says it jumps into ATTI-mode all the time, I wonder if that is the cause of the altitude loss and wandering. I know mine (P3S) has a mind of its own in atti. It will do some crazy things.

Gotta see those flight logs to be sure.
It sinks even when it in atti mode.

I’m on the road and don’t have the drone nor good access for internet speed at the moment. The data is on my phone? iPhone 6.

Sorry, a lot of this common knowledge isn’t so common.

When I get back in town and next to the drone I can try to download the data logs.
If you were using your iPhone for your flights, the only way I know, is you have to use iTunes on a PC to retrieve the flight logs that is on your phone.

Your on the road and you do not have a Laptop / Pc etc.

If somebody can tell you how to share your flights from your iPhone, that would be great!

Rod

If you were using your iPhone for your flights, the only way I know, is you have to use iTunes on a PC to retrieve the flight logs that is on your phone.

Your on the road and you do not have a Laptop / Pc etc.

If somebody can tell you how to share your flights from your iPhone, that would be great!

Rod
Well ****.

Ok, don’t get discouraged. I think we’re just a bit anxious to find the cause and the cure for this problem before it drives us bonkers.

Just keep us informed and if you run into difficulty just jump back on the Forum and we’ll work through it.

Can an iPad be used instead of a phone? I downloaded the app on the iPad and it will not open.

Got the app to load on iPad. Will try to see if it will operate drone next week.

Last edited:
An iPad will work well with the GoApp. I use an ipad2 mini with no issues. Plus the screen is much bigger than the phone. You may need to think about a mount for the iPad to the controller too if needed.

Well ****.
Sorry I think, this was supposed to be a question.
"Your on the road and you do not have a Laptop / Pc etc." ?

As far as I know the only way to get your flight log off of a ios (crApple) is a PC and iTunes.
"If somebody can tell you how to share your flights from your iPhone, that would be great!" ;)

Rod

How do i post logs?

I sync with the cloud

Mine goes into atti mode all the time and has since the first flight
"I sync with the cloud"
If you sync your flights to DJI's cloud, then when you reinstall Dji-Go, you should be able to sync again and your flights will come back, even on a new device.
Should means it supposed to. ;)

Rod

It sinks even when it in atti mode.
Just wondering here... Way back at the beginning of the thread, you stated that this all started when you put on new props. You also said that the old ones were gone when someone suggested that you swap them back. The obvious question is why did you replace the original props? Crash? Hard landing? ...? If it was a crash or prop strike of some sort, could that be the underlying cause of the errant behavior (something other than the props damaged)?
I hope you can figure it out.
-Mike

Reactions: RodPad
@greenie95125
Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, I had that thought a few times,
What is funny?, I think it might be funny.
Why I and or others were recommending a IMU calibration, because it took a hit / crash.

Thanks!

Rod

@greenie95125
Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, I had that thought a few times,
What is funny?, I think it might be funny.
Why I and or others were recommending a IMU calibration, because it took a hit / crash.

Thanks!

Rod
Hey Rod,

Obviously, I'm new to the hobby/forum. I didn't know an IMU calibration is what was needed after a hit / crash (haven't crashed yet). I just never saw the word crash in any of posts in the thread. However, it's very possible that I missed it, as I do a lot of skimming thru posts.

-Mike

I brushed it against the wall. The drone works fine other. Than the sinking issue.

The white props broke at will if it fell over on landing.

In fact I lost all my white props on landing as the thing would all of a sudden lean over and grind the ground when I was about 2” agl.

Now I just reach up and grab it. Saved me a lot of aggravation

Black props are a lot stronger.

Just wondering here... Way back at the beginning of the thread, you stated that this all started when you put on new props. You also said that the old ones were gone when someone suggested that you swap them back. The obvious question is why did you replace the original props? Crash? Hard landing? ...? If it was a crash or prop strike of some sort, could that be the underlying cause of the errant behavior (something other than the props damaged)?
I hope you can figure it out.
-Mike
ole

I brushed it against the wall. The drone works fine other. Than the sinking issue.

The white props broke at will if it fell over on landing.

In fact I lost all my white props on landing as the thing would all of a sudden lean over and grind the ground when I was about 2” agl.

Now I just reach up and grab it. Saved me a lot of aggravation

Black props are a lot stronger.

OK, so you hit a wall and the props broke? Then you put the new props on and you have the sinking issue? It sounds to me like you need to buy a new set of ORIGINAL props and see how the quad reacts.That way you can see if something other than the new props is causing this, and troubleshoot from there.

-Mike

I’d have to agree and recommend going back to OEM DJI props. I’ve tried aftermarket and the fancy carbon fiber props with poor results.

I balance the stock props (if needed) and have no issues. If they get damaged on a tip-over or prop strike I replace them.

I'm using DJI props just I'm using the black carbon ones instead of the white ones...

I'm using DJI props just I'm using the black carbon ones instead of the white ones...
Those are are still different that the props you had before the sinking issue started (carbon vs plastic). To accurately troubleshoot your issue, you need to get your bird back to the way you had it with the original plastic props. It doesn't matter that the black ones are DJI, they aren't the same.

-Mike

I have the same problem with my Phantom 3 advanced. The Drone will not hold altitude. Wants to continually go down a foot or two every few seconds. I have to hold the stick up in order to have her five feet off the ground. If I were to do my entire flight trying to hover 5 feet off the ground, even if I started at 0 altitude, the altitude measurement continues to increase gradually when it is actually 5 feet off the ground the whole time.. Controller is trying to control to the perceived altitude which is wrong and that is the reason I believe for the descent. At the end of the flight, I was about a hundred and twenty feet off the ground when I landed. Ground sensor however was correct so it was showing that I was five feet off of the ground while I was five feet off of the ground but the altitude reading showed that I was a hundred + feet off of the ground. I have tried every type of calibration I can think of but I continue to have the same problem. There's something wrong with the control laws and the altitude measurement has an error in it and it continues to drift. This could be a real problem when doing Waypoint missions and counting on your drone to be a hundred feet off the ground comes the end of the flight when you actually are crashing into the ground. Thank goodness for line of sight integrity.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.