WiFi signal range

Reaction score
Just bought the 3 4k...and I'm not happy with how soon the video starts to break up while in flight....what's the best way to increase the WiFi signal?...

When you say soon. At what range?

I used to be good 1200 feet or more. I am seeing video degradation around 400 feet.
Been seeing a lot of that around with the latest firmware for all the Phantoms, not just a Standard or 4K. Not sure what the deal is with that. I'm staying put with what I have. Like the saying goes, if it aint broke don't mess with it.;)

Reactions: kjohn and RikMacer
Do those taco antenna things work that you slip over your controller antennas....is there anything out there that boosts the wifi signal

Do those taco antenna things work that you slip over your controller antennas....is there anything out there that boosts the wifi signal

They did, but not anymore. Doesn't seem to make a difference any longer

the windsurfers only help with control signal on the standard, the wifi panels are internal . it is odd that only some birds seem to have lost range after the last update. i went out to 500m after the update and still had full signal on both the 2.4 and 5.8.

I have the same issue. I plan to purchase the Litchi app this week and see what my range is with that. Should answer if it's a hardware or software issue.

Reactions: Macphreak4evr
I own a P3 4K, and have found that you really do have to fly in vast open space if you want to get decent range. I've been able to get over 1 mile over open water, yet often struggle to get more than 200m if I'm in a crowded enviornment (wifi, towers, trees, buildings, etc).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20