Wifi and telemetry not working...

Reaction score
Last year I experienced a fly-away with my P2V. After shutting it down and it going into RTH mode, it didn't clear the trees (over 100' tall!) and was firmly lodged in the branches. I wrote it off as a learning experience.

Last month someone called me asking if I ever got my Phantom back. I said no. Someone found it laying in the brush in the trees and with no way to tell who's it was....they proceeded to try and get it flying.

Long-story short....I got it back. Pulled it apart, cleaned up what needed to be cleaned (it was upside down so the motors took on no moisture it appears!). Fired her up.....she flies great! burned through 2 batteries testing it, running em down to 10%. over 40 min!

The camera and telemetry won't work though. I'm thinking it's a binding problem. I bought a new remote, wifi-repeater and whatnot, went through the binding process and it says "successful", but it's not working.
I'm using the QR code that was on the box, but I don't think that's it. I can't get it to scan the camera because the QR code is so **** small.

Any ideas? Oh yeah.....I think there's a wire or ribbon cable missing from this thing but can't find any open pics of a P2V. They're all P2, or P2V+.

Here's what I have now.
OpenP2V.jpg

Does the camera power up...green light on the back of the camera?
Ribbon for gimbal control is there.
Telemetry is generated through the wifi connection. What does your screen look like?

Does the camera power up...green light on the back of the camera?
Ribbon for gimbal control is there.
Telemetry is generated through the wifi connection. What does your screen look like?

Power cable for the camera is in tact. Camera powers up, green light comes on. I just get a blank screen on either ios or android.

Once out of 20 times powering it up it will show up on the wifi on the phone. When I change to it, it disappears and I just get the blank screen with the bar at the top that says wifi not connected....

Last year I experienced a fly-away with my P2V. After shutting it down and it going into RTH mode, it didn't clear the trees (over 100' tall!) and was firmly lodged in the branches. I wrote it off as a learning experience.

Last month someone called me asking if I ever got my Phantom back. I said no. Someone found it laying in the brush in the trees and with no way to tell who's it was....they proceeded to try and get it flying.

Long-story short....I got it back. Pulled it apart, cleaned up what needed to be cleaned (it was upside down so the motors took on no moisture it appears!). Fired her up.....she flies great! burned through 2 batteries testing it, running em down to 10%. over 40 min!

The camera and telemetry won't work though. I'm thinking it's a binding problem. I bought a new remote, wifi-repeater and whatnot, went through the binding process and it says "successful", but it's not working.
I'm using the QR code that was on the box, but I don't think that's it. I can't get it to scan the camera because the QR code is so **** small.

Any ideas? Oh yeah.....I think there's a wire or ribbon cable missing from this thing but can't find any open pics of a P2V. They're all P2, or P2V+.

Here's what I have now.
OpenP2V.jpg

I had that same no telemetry readings and sometimes to pic at all. I replaced the wiring that plugs into the cam and worked fine. Several months later I lost the pic and it RTH. The lights will not get out of thr rth white blink. I tried 2 new xmitters and wifi's so I decided to order a receiver for the phantom. If it works then I desperately need a good gimbal if you hear anything. Or If there is anyway possible to connect a go pro without loosing the dji app. Anyway good luck. Hope you find the prob. Heck I'll even buy a good used vision cam

What you need to do is to find out the new camera's MAC address. To do this, run a wifi analyzer program on either your computer or a mobile device.
Turn on the Phantom and camera wifi, then look for the station with the MAC address that starts with 60:60:1F and has no name. That's the one you want to bind to.
Remember that the wifi extender will drop the connection for a minute after rebinding.

What you need to do is to find out the new camera's MAC address. To do this, run a wifi analyzer program on either your computer or a mobile device.
Turn on the Phantom and camera wifi, then look for the station with the MAC address that starts with 60:60:1F and has no name. That's the one you want to bind to.
Remember that the wifi extender will drop the connection for a minute after rebinding.

nothing shows up unless I turn the wifi-extender on. Then it comes up as normal, and the minute I start the APP (android), it disappears. Someone said to use the last 6 of the serial number on the camera to bind it. Like i said....it says it "binded sucessfully", but still nothing.

If you don't see a wifi station with no name and MAC address starting with 60:60:1F, then your camera wifi isn't working.

Hey, guys.. Thanks for the replies . Maybe I wrote the que wrong. I had wifi but only about 200ft. I went ahead and did the antenna mod with a couple of 2.4.
The real problem I was having was getting the compass to work which I fixed by relocating the new antennas and doing a 360 with a magnet. So that works fine now, however after about 200 ft distance and 100 altitude she keeps coming home. So I tried an extra new transmitter and extender as well as the small clove looking antennas to the craft. They're the ones hobby zone sells. oh I also replaced the receiver. I'm for to check for shorts other than that I'm open to more suggestions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31