why wont my compass calibrate?

You don't have to answer, but is there a reason why you need to use a yard stick? (wheelchair?)

Exactly, if I'm right next to it, it's the same as it in my lap. I might try with my race rims(carbon fiber) and see if that lets me pull up closer to it. For now though, this lets me fly it without needing to grab someone. The cool thing is, if I see an attractive woman, it's a great conversation starter. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly, if I'm right next to it, it's the same as it in my lap. I might try with my race rims(carbon fiber) and see if that lets me pull up closer to it. For now though, this lets me fly it without needing to grab someone. The cool thing is, if I see an attractive woman, it's a great conversation starter. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right on.....! So at least now you an option. I know myself being disabled how it is with limits.

So this worked!
Right on.....! So at least now you an option. I know myself being disabled how it is with limits.
and it works! Actually got it up for a nice flight!
thank you
yeah dude, I try to do whatever I can to beet the limits

Attachments

• WP_20160129_11_27_17_Rich_LI (2).jpg
    WP_20160129_11_27_17_Rich_LI (2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 234
  • WP_20160129_11_26_30_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20160129_11_26_30_Rich_LI.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 209
I am new to this site and really appreciate the valuable information you all provide. On this subject I am getting a warning in the DJI Go to calibrate. I re calibrate and I still get the warning. I have tried changing the dance location and I still get the warning. I get lock on 16 sats with "GPS safe to fly."
I flew the AC anyway but should I still be concerned?

Any ideas?

MP

I am new to this site and really appreciate the valuable information you all provide. On this subject I am getting a warning in the DJI Go to calibrate. I re calibrate and I still get the warning. I have tried changing the dance location and I still get the warning. I get lock on 16 sats with "GPS safe to fly."
I flew the AC anyway but should I still be concerned?

Any ideas?

MP
There's of ton of info on this site, just do a search if want more info than what I have.
Basically, the calibration itself is rare to be required, so make sure when you do it the area is open ,no concrete( might have rebar) , no metal around including on you. When your done check the sensor readings in Go app. mod should be around 1500.
Point the nose north the y should be near zero, x should be positive near 500 if aircraft is level z should be 1200 or 1300
If thats all good it's calibrated.
Now you shouldn't need to do it again unless you expose the aircraft to some heavy magnetism.
If you still get a warning in your take off area , hold the aircraft off the ground. Switched on but motors not started. If the warning goes away, you have something in the ground at takeoff.

So this worked!

and it works! Actually got it up for a nice flight!
thank you
yeah dude, I try to do whatever I can to beet the limits

That's the Hot Ticket right there.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik