Why the green screen after take off ? P4P

Reaction score
hello Everyone I have two P4P drones all firmware up to date as of late after take off and about 2 hundred feet out image is very sparatic and goes to green in and out try to film with that!!! Anyone have suggestions ( tried DJI support)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! There are different things that can cause your green screen issues. What monitor are you using and is it up to date? Are you in an area with lots of interference, very populated area? Is your P4P set to 2.4 or 5.8GHZ?

We really need to know what monitor you are using. The first thing I would do would be to delete the go 4 app and reinstall. Next I would complete a factory refresh on the FW thru the Assistant 2 app. This would be a start to help T-Shoot your issue.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! There are different things that can cause your green screen issues. What monitor are you using and is it up to date? Are you in an area with lots of interference, very populated area? Is your P4P set to 2.4 or 5.8GHZ?

We really need to know what monitor you are using. The first thing I would do would be to delete the go 4 app and reinstall. Next I would complete a factory refresh on the FW thru the Assistant 2 app. This would be a start to help T-Shoot your issue.
I am using an iPad mini 4 I have not had any problems with this device I use it on DJI go for my 3 standard it is flying fine I have shut the go 4 app down and rebooted unfortunately it is so windy not a good time to test

I have similar config (P4P & iPad mini 4 128gb) using Go4, apps, iOS and firmware fully updated, no problems. Perhaps grab a screen capture if occurs again after following above suggestions.

I had this problem chronically with a 4 year old Samsung tablet. I was ready to send the drone back as defective. Then I got the right cable so I could use my Galaxy Note 5, and it was a completely different experience.

My hunch is that many tablets don't have the number crunching power to handle flight control AND video decoding at the same time. I'd wager that DJI prioritizes flight functions over video feed on weak devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues