Why Sound is Important and how it COULD be done.

Reaction score
Remember silent films from 100 years ago? Well that's where our DJI products are today. So you fly over a beautiful waterfall with birds surrounding your plastic bird but you have to imagine what it sounds like. Or you can go thru the tedious process of syncing an audio file to your video. Really, like I have time to do that?

Now I know, here is what many of you are thinking. "All you're going to hear is the angry bees noise of the props and the motors!" Not so. I've hung a DIRECTIONAL microphone from my P3P attached to a small digital recorder as a test. The microphone primarily records only the sound it's pointed at. Mine hangs 5 feet from the drone and is pointed down, so it's recording whatever is below it. If it's water noise, this will drowned
out the small amount of buzz from the drone.

If DJI wanted, they could incorporate a directional mike on the Drone and eliminate the buzz by digitally processing the audio track as it is recorded. Because the noise created by the drone is a tight band of frequencies the audio processor could pretty much eliminate this distraction. This is not rocket science. AND, this might get DJI to work on reducing the noise their drones make. I bought a Flame Wheel 450 that is amazingly quiet! DJI just hasn't made this problem a priority. Nothing worse than a noisy drone to get the wrong kind of attention.

And DJI, while you are at it, how about adding a auxiliary channel output to your products so we can add the custom features we want like additional lights or a drop release!

Thanks!

The noise is from the pitch of the props, t DJI optimized the pitch for lift and flight duration.
It is actually frowned upon to drop things from your "drone". (Quadcopter)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues