Why isn't the FPV app with the goggles popular?

Yes but hold on a short while mate, the app developer has just said an update 3.0 is on the way, that will incorporate your Standard.
FPV Camera is so cool, I would be holding on for that update, rather than cancelling out your subscription [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Agreed. It's worth it

MichaelR and Toph,
Thanks, with a sigh of relief!
I'll wait patiently :)

But now I'm confused about the subscription cost. "Subscription" implies a monthly charge. I thought I just purchased the 2 Apps - with no additional costs. The app page says the "all in one" is free for the 1st month so I see that the "all in one" is a monthly fee --- but the "FPV Camera" and "FPV Goggles" are each one-shot purchases. Did I assume wrong?

I just finished trying out the VR Box goggles tonight for the first time using the FPV camera app it works real well have to play around with the settings a bit more, the picture quality didnt seems quite as good as the ipad mini but still decent, it takes a bit to get used to flying with this as its a little different, but fun....I just found it a little different judging the distance from things but will get better the more I use it I think

Reactions: Toph
MichaelR and Toph,
Thanks, with a sigh of relief!
I'll wait patiently :)

But now I'm confused about the subscription cost. "Subscription" implies a monthly charge. I thought I just purchased the 2 Apps - with no additional costs. The app page says the "all in one" is free for the 1st month so I see that the "all in one" is a monthly fee --- but the "FPV Camera" and "FPV Goggles" are each one-shot purchases. Did I assume wrong?
You are right; it is a monthly charge if you buy the subscription. If you don't want that, you can just buy the app for $4.99 & goggle feature for $7.99 and that's a one-time cost.

Reactions: Toph
I usually use my ipad mini for flying and just got the iphone 6 plus and was just tinkering with it now and realised my brightness was turned up maybe thats why the picture quality didnt seem up to par, seems better now with the brightness turned up, gonna have to try it again

I have to say I'm really impressed with the response I got from FPV Camera. They told me how to get the refund which I'm now not going to request. They followed up with a 2nd email last night and invited me to join the beta program, but I've decided the safest path for me it to wait patiently until the final product is out.

Reactions: MichaelR
I usually use my ipad mini for flying and just got the iphone 6 plus and was just tinkering with it now and realised my brightness was turned up maybe thats why the picture quality didnt seem up to par, seems better now with the brightness turned up, gonna have to try it again
There is an independent "Brightness" setting in Goggles Settings > Screen Adjustment to adjust the brightness in FPV Goggles mode regardless the brightness setting of your iPhone. It's common you usually set your iPhone brightness to fairly high for general purpose, but you don't need that much brightness inside dark goggles compartment.

Last edited:
Yes but hold on a short while mate, the app developer has just said an update 3.0 is on the way, that will incorporate your Standard.
FPV Camera is so cool, I would be holding on for that update, rather than cancelling out your subscription [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are REQUIRED to have visual line of site on the aircraft at all times (FAA). - Not to actually be looking at it - but be able to see it at all times. How do you propose to be ABLE to see it at all times with your eyes covered by goggles? You are also required to avoid all manned aircraft, outside of events most drones fly by themselves, how do you plan on seeing other aircraft with your eyes covered?
Do you know the role of spotter in fpv racing?

I would think so if your goggles have a built in accelerometer like an iPhone does. Which I would think it would have to since you got VR goggles. Not an expert on those but I'd think it'll do the same thing. Probably at even better resolution.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I am a little new to this hobby and don't understand all that your are talking about but it sounds like something I would like to try. So I need to download the app and then get a set of goggles? What kind of goggles and where do I buy them. Then how do you connect the goggles to the iPhone or can I use my iPad mini 4? If you could spell it out to a 69 year old that would be great. Thanks in advance.

You can get the goggles right here:
Amazon.com: AllSmartLife® VR BOX 2.0 Virtual Reality Glasses, 2016 3D VR Headsets for 4.7~6 Inch Screen Phones iphone 4S, iphone 5s Samsung LG Sony HTC, Nexus 6 etc.: Cell Phones & Accessories

There are many like it and they are all basically the same Chinese knock-offs. They hold phones, not tablets. A tray slides out of the goggles, and you clip your in your phone.

To use VR goggles, you need some kind of app that splits the screen into two halves, one for each eye. There are lots of apps, games and video players that are compatible with VR goggles.

For P3 FPV flight:
If you are on iOS, you need the FPV Camera app from FPVbooster with the FPV Goggles in-app purchase. (Litchi app if you are on Android).
You start-up the controller and aircraft as usual, but you use the FPV Camera app instead of DJI GO. When you are ready to fly (or once you are already flying), switch the app into goggle mode (it will switch to a split screen view). Place phone into goggle tray and insert tray into goggles (phone is still connected to the RC - so you will need the standard length lightning cable instead of a little 1 foot cable).

Place goggles on head and be amazed. Fly around. Take someone else for a ride. They will be amazed.

Here is FPV Camera's Youtube setup video:

I am a little new to this hobby and don't understand all that your are talking about but it sounds like something I would like to try. So I need to download the app and then get a set of goggles? What kind of goggles and where do I buy them. Then how do you connect the goggles to the iPhone or can I use my iPad mini 4? If you could spell it out to a 69 year old that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hey there. Here is a short video showing my setup. Hope it helps!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z