Why isn't the FPV app with the goggles popular?

What good vr goggles for a Samsung s7 edge ? This sounds right up my alley.. any suggestions would be appreciated

I'm not sure the dimensions of that phone, but any decent quality VR goggles that will fit your phone should do the trick. I'd look at the VR box and then compare from there

Good points. I did a test on this and using FPV Camera on iPhone 6 Plus gave little or no crop. Here is a comparison of this setup vs a straight view using DJI Go

FPV Camera on iPhone 6+
2eefc339bda30478a4bc2f392c2a0b38.jpg

Standard view using DJI Go app (no goggles)
7c19dfa828ebe14793556d8a4224457e.jpg

Good points. I did a test on this and using FPV Camera on iPhone 6 Plus gave little or no crop. Here is a comparison of this setup vs a straight view using DJI Go

FPV Camera on iPhone 6+
2eefc339bda30478a4bc2f392c2a0b38.jpg

Standard view using DJI Go app (no goggles)
7c19dfa828ebe14793556d8a4224457e.jpg
Just did my first flight with the Zeiss VR One. Used FPV Goggles. Much better than CloudLight. Still have to fiddle a bit with the scree settings but it is a vey nice setup.

Just did my first flight with the Zeiss VR One. Used FPV Goggles. Much better than CloudLight. Still have to fiddle a bit with the scree settings but it is a vey nice setup.

Nice! Any screen shots? I'd love to see both. Are there any OSD options or is it just a straight view?

Can you post the link for the $15 goggles? I am really interested in seeing how this works. How does the camera know your head changed positions? If you tilt your head sideways does the drone move sideways or just angles the camera sideways if you know what I mean?

Can you post the link for the $15 goggles? I am really interested in seeing how this works. How does the camera know your head changed positions? If you tilt your head sideways does the drone move sideways or just angles the camera sideways if you know what I mean?

I put this together to help explain

The accelerometer in your phone knows when it's being tilted. This adjusts the tilt of the camera when looking down and up. It won't move the phantom sideways though

Thanks Toph for your review. I ordered the same VR Goggles and I plan to pickup the FPV app as well. Looking forward to checking this out soon.

Yes thanks I ordered the same as well. I always thought it was an expensive addition to my phantom but your thread made it possible.

This video also helped me understand how you control the app without being able to use touch on the phone:

I just ordered from Amazon the VR BOX goggles (second generation) since it's cheap $30 and seems to have positive reviews.

What I don't understand is how you focus the camera without tapping on the screen? Also I guess you lose the exposure control from the right scroll wheel since it's used by the FPV camera app? Can someone explain? Do you also have a way to do the compass calibration and check the sensor values in the FPV app? Do you do this before putting on the goggles?

Is it safe to use these third party apps? I've read about some Litchi crashes etc?

I also saw that if your goggles have an open view of the iPhone camera you can also press a button and have a "real life" view from the iPhone camera and switch between it and the Phantom camera? That seems cool for take off and landing to mantain visual on the Phantom and not needing to take off the goggles.

Reactions: jeganx and PVFlyer
One last question, can flight logs from DJI Go and FPV Camera be synced together or will they remain separate? Is there a way to join them so I have my Phantom's flight logs in one place?

So, I assume this will work for the P3S also. You just connect to the phone via WiFi vs Lightning? And, you'd miss the ability to 'click' on the screen with the controller wheel. I can fly now without touching the screen, so not a deal breaker there. If I need to touch the screen, I could hover for a sec, slide out of the HooToos, press away, slide back in and be off again.

Sorry, Honey, I'm busy this weekend.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj