why is L stick called throttle

i.e. Pitch and Roll

No. It's not pitch and roll since both functions are s/w limited. While the drone effects pitch/roll attitude changes, they stop at a given angle according to the amount of input or at limit.

Pitch or roll on an aircraft continue to apply the pitch/roll force when deflected.

So they are go forth/back/left/right movement commands only. How the drone enacts them is beside the point. For example if the rotor disks could be directed (tilted individually) then the pitch/roll of the airframe would not change but the vehicle would follow that "command" direction.

Have you ever flown a Phantom or any aircraft in Manual mode? My P2 allows this. Excessive or sufficient Pitch or Roll commands will cause complete inversion and a very unstable Attitude.

Simply employing a flight computer to maintain a stable Attitude (such as fly by wire) does not change the axis associated with the command.

For example, having a 'governor' on a go-kart to limit speed (for beginners for instance) does not change the common term of throttle to something else.

Hers just one citation:
Lesson 4: Throttle, Yaw, Pitch and Roll - Robolink

I'm not here to change your mind. However, your stick description based on resultant motion is a bit unsophisticated. i.e. Layman's terms.

Last edited:
Have you ever flown a Phantom or any aircraft in Manual mode? My P2 allows this. Excessive or sufficient Pitch or Roll commands will cause complete inversion and a very unstable Attitude.

Simply employing a flight computer to maintain a stable Attitude (such as fly by wire) does not change the axis associated with the command.

For example, having a 'governor' on a go-kart to limit speed (for beginners for instance) does not change the common term of throttle to something else.

Hers just one citation:
Lesson 4: Throttle, Yaw, Pitch and Roll - Robolink

I'm not here to change your mind. However, your stick description based on resultant motion is a bit unsophisticated. i.e. Layman's terms.

This "layman": avionics system s/w programmer (AMS,MLS,Doppler Radar) (Commercial and military); product and program manager (AMS, FMS, GPS, Doppler Radar). Commercial pilot, CFI.

So - back to the P4P (which is this group):
up down stick + yaw
go left/right + fore/aft stick.

It's not pitch and roll because (in this case) it is both rate and range limited. If it were those, then you would attain a desired attitude and then leave it there with the stick neutral. (I believe this is the case with racing drones).

edit: typo.

I'll add that with the P4P the "pilot" is not in the primary control loop as a pilot is with a conventional airplane. He is 2 steps removed and actually just tells the autopilot what to do. The autopilot on the drone effects power/pitch/roll/yaw changes to implement the pilot's commands.

edit. Added analogy; typo

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94