Why is it REALLY better?

Whatever dude. I don't care if you are George Lucas. You are completely subjective. The truth is there is a market from a business stand point and that's simple. Professional or not. From a price point vs features vs durability and quality there really isn't much out there. it's that simple. That is why the market is growing. That is why there are so many players. You should work for DJI or start your own aerial drone company. Yes most of what I see in the wedding side is not even offering aerial videos. the ones that do only add it to their existing repertoire. a glimpse here and there at 1080p is not going to make a difference to teaser videos. You are welcome to hire or fire anyone that you want at your wedding. Truth is... there are Wedding photographers around the world that have used these tools to enhance their business and still be cost effective. The minimum cost for a quad that will carry a full frame Nex 7 would cost close to 5K. Call it what you want. maybe they are taking a bb gun to a firing range with their sniper rifles .. whatever. It's the market and everyone is capitalizing on it because guess what... despite your credits... people will buy it. and that makes the P2V+ a game changer.

d4ddyo said:
Whatever dude. I don't care if you are George Lucas. You are completely subjective. The truth is there is a market from a business stand point and that's simple. Professional or not. From a price point vs features vs durability and quality there really isn't much out there. it's that simple. That is why the market is growing. That is why there are so many players. You should work for DJI or start your own aerial drone company. Yes most of what I see in the wedding side is not even offering aerial videos. the ones that do only add it to their existing repertoire. a glimpse here and there at 1080p is not going to make a difference to teaser videos. You are welcome to hire or fire anyone that you want at your wedding. Truth is... there are Wedding photographers around the world that have used these tools to enhance their business and still be cost effective. The minimum cost for a quad that will carry a full frame Nex 7 would cost close to 5K. Call it what you want. maybe they are taking a bb gun to a firing range with their sniper rifles .. whatever. It's the market and everyone is capitalizing on it because guess what... despite your credits... people will buy it. and that makes the P2V+ a game changer.

ok. buy two and have fun flying them.

It would appear the quality improvements are these, correct?

If you already have a Vision and especially if you have a gimbal you are happy with, the delta as compared to the V+ appears to be distance and the 3-axis gimbal. Camera quality remains to be seen, as well as whether the camera might be upgradeable in the future.

Likewise, if you have a P2 w/ latest GoPro and a 3-axis gimbal and FPV you are probably already as good as the V+ but would have spent more $$$, but with possibly a better camera.

I have a Vision with a gimbal. I ordered a V+ with free shipping from: http://extremeuas.com/

I think I will outfit one of the two with flotation since I live on the water on the Chesapeake Bay and hope to fly from the sailboat, motor boat or kayaks... and water marsh settings over the water.

If I ever get to the point where I want to get paid for aerial photography, I would probably keep these and get a hex or octo-copter with DSLR mount.

Of course the serious photographers will get a pilot's license and movie-quality camera equipment and either rent or buy a real copter or at least a Cessna. Hats off to them.

Have fun with this great hobby!

Well. As for professionals. Think about what real estate is doing. Do you think a dslr rig will make that much of a difference on YouTube? Lmao. Ok.

Even from a professional point of view where social media and YouTube is the target you'll see where these higher quality entry level quads come in to play.

I have the p2z (2d). I can't wait to get the 3d. I'm filming for the fun of it. If I had a choice to do it all over again i would egg the p2v+. I like the idea of actuating the shutter remotely and posting direct to social media even if I sacrifice quality.

For my purposes to post quality video for Facebook doesn't need a dslr. Back to the market. Professional doesn't mean you need a dlsr.

Sorry for my noob question here, but I'm sure it will be helpful for others.

What exactly do the following do?

- FPV kit
- iOSDmini

If I go with the Phantom 2, 3-axis Gimble and Hero Black camera - will I be able to control the Gimble from the ground to point down and such?

Thank you all - this is such a helpful thread.

stephwright988 said:
Sorry for my noob question here, but I'm sure it will be helpful for others.

What exactly do the following do?

- FPV kit (First Person View - a camera paired with a transmitter on the craft sends a live video feed to you on the ground to either a monitor or video goggles. This is used when your craft is beyond line of sight, also referred to as LOS)
- iOSDmini (this is a telemetry add on that overlays information like altitute, velocity, range etc into you FPV video. This is extremely useful for a mulitude of reasons such as knowing if you are nearing max radio range, where your craft is in relation to you and so on)

If I go with the Phantom 2, 3-axis Gimble and Hero Black camera - will I be able to control the Gimble from the ground to point down and such? (yes, if you plug the gimbal pitch control into the Naza F2 port, you can manually control the pitch angle if you have a radio with the pitch lever installed - if not, you can add one for $10 and 5 minutes)

Thank you all - this is such a helpful thread.

I think a lot of people forget this is simply a flying HD camera out of the box and for the average mass appeal its pretty **** good package and its allowing a lot of Mr Averages to get out and have a really enjoyable flying and filming experience. If you want more expertise in cameras, footage, stills etc then do your homework and go elsewhere for other platforms.

Personally I think this aint a bad product at all, just remember its mass market target and its got a lot of solid points going for it IMHO

:D

Big Chips said:
Gopro has NEVER impressed me...I do filming for hire and I do not and do not plan on owning one. They are overpriced to begin with. For all you guys touting 4k...WHO CARES! You tube supports it...but internet bandwidth doesnt in 99.9 percent of the users viewing it...most households do not have a tv that can view it AND there is nto a dvd that can hold a 45 minute disc worth of it...much less a affordable dvd player that most households use...so it really is just a selling point for owners to run around saying i got it ...i got it oand you dont...HO HUM...LOL

beign a youtube partner and making alot of money of of you tube every year...and month i can tell you that you are WASTING your time uploading ANYTHING over 720p....most simply dont choose to watch in that res.

Is the PV2+ a good camera...well it isnt the best...but it is not the worst....it will get the job done..and done well.

Besides...if you are running aroudn saying you are into filiming an photography and the PV2 and Gopro is the bets thing going..well then you are not REALLY a pro at what you think you are doing...cause if you were you would have a dlsr flying...a Cannon 7D or Mark iv or 5 or D1

I own a gopro which I use for surfing and a copy of the gopro which coast £69.00 would I put my gopro on my p2v no by the time you had your fpv and gimbal the cost is to high having said that I do have a gimbal on order for my p2v. gopro are over prised for what they are the copy of the gopro is just as good I only use them for fun and I don't have to spend loads of money doing am I thinking about getting a p2v+ yes. its what works for you that matters yes I would like a s1000 with a dlsr who would'ant but for me that over kill when it comes down to it, its all about money if I had loads of it I would have every new toy that came out

stephwright988 said:
Ok - So I have a few fairly basic question.

The 2 highlights of the Vision 2+ are:
- Better Camera
- 3- axis Gimble

Question 1:
The Hero3+ Black is still a better camera right?

Question 2
Would it be better to get a Phantom 2 with the 3 axis Gimble and just use my GoPro Hero 3+ camera?

Thank you all for your insight and time!
I think the camera in the P2V+ has the same specs as the camera in the P2V. It is just in a different case.

MikeySoft said:
stephwright988 said:
Ok - So I have a few fairly basic question.

The 2 highlights of the Vision 2+ are:
- Better Camera
- 3- axis Gimble

Question 1:
The Hero3+ Black is still a better camera right?

Question 2
Would it be better to get a Phantom 2 with the 3 axis Gimble and just use my GoPro Hero 3+ camera?

Thank you all for your insight and time!
I think the camera in the P2V+ has the same specs as the camera in the P2V. It is just in a different case.

You are right.

You have no FPV with go pro do you ??

If you are like the majority who are not photography or video experts, then given the package I would go for the P2V+ rather than having to buy extras to make it a better camera platform, and have longer flight times per battery, and with FPV, but its personal choice at the end of the day.

;)

what about software improvements on the camera? Maybe they improved bitrate resulting in less compression blocks. that would be nice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20