why does my gimble do this

Thanks, I look at again tonight.

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hum, still got issues, Calibrated twice.
I have to adjust the gimbal roll to make Horizontal correct?

Below is the mission, and a video clip.
As you can see it wasn't windy, and it doesn't matter what the camera angle is.

The clip is between WP#11 and WP#13
So there is no shaking at the beginning or the end of the mission, basically its only shaking when its flying straight. If it is turning it seems to fine.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Rod

Have you checked if the grub screw holding the gimbal to the motor shaft is tight. I had the same problem a while back after renewing a bent gimbal (you must have string hands, I couldn't straighten mine at all). It required re-tightening and it's been rock steady since.

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks, I will focus on that when I get home.

Rod

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Hum, Grub Screw.

Funny part, I have actually seen many posts and linked people with problems to other posts regarding Grub Screw.
Phantom 3 4K Shakey Video

Well anyways, I thought it would have been bigger than that like a Thumb Screw.
I had actually adjusted or messed with that while I was attempting to bend the gimbal.

I took the gimbal / camera back off, tried to do a little more tweaking and really focused on the Thumb Screw, I didn't know it was a (D-shaft?) but really wasn't focused on that at the time.

I don't think I got any straighter than before but this is what it is now. :)

.IMG_0271.JPG

I will take it for a fly after two gimbal calibrations.
And give you guys an update.

Rod

Finally found someone else having the same issue. Mine will fly normally 99% of the time then do exactly the same as this.

I've decided it must be when the gimbal motors detect too much resistance during flight so the software un-powers it in much the same way as if the gimbal was obstructed during a normal power up before flight.

Hum, Grub Screw.

Funny part, I have actually seen many posts and linked people with problems to other posts regarding Grub Screw.
Phantom 3 4K Shakey Video

Well anyways, I thought it would have been bigger than that like a Thumb Screw.
I had actually adjusted or messed with that while I was attempting to bend the gimbal.

I took the gimbal / camera back off, tried to do a little more tweaking and really focused on the Thumb Screw, I didn't know it was a (D-shaft?) but really wasn't focused on that at the time.

I don't think I got any straighter than before but this is what it is now. :)

.View attachment 85799

I will take it for a fly after two gimbal calibrations.
And give you guys an update.

Rod
Looking a lot better rod. Fingers crossed for the flight. Keep us updated [emoji4]

Reactions: RodPad
@BriG
Your missing one detail, Is this with Litchi Missions?

@Wessex
Actually same for you?

Hum, and for myself. :rolleyes:
I wonder if I could see this with DJI-GO?

Rod

Hi, I was using the DJI Go app at the time hence my reasoning for it being software related.

so after a repair DJI sent me back a refurbished unit. doesn't bother me but i sent it on a litchi mission and the gimble went mental. it is ok on a normal flight. just wondered if anyone has any input.

The little pitch and roll board, tombstone shaped, is most likely defective. 30 bucks on eBay.

Well it got worse on Sunday, I think I got it to tight and it made the camera turned off of center. Later in the day when the winds calmed down, I tried adjusting the gimbal grub screw again, really focused on making sure It was straight with flat side of the shaft. The flight was good!
Last night I was going to another mission by dropping another 20' at my buddies house, the tablet battery was 1%. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, its looking better now. ;)

Rod

funny thing is I had this problem with the phantom three standard. It would keep moving the screen up however. I ended up just recalibration the gimbal and restarting the app. However this was last year so I’m not too clear on what I did. Sorry I could not be of more help. Good luck, hope it will work

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl