Why does GO 4 auto-launch itself?

Reaction score
I got some notice that some service was running in the background on my S6 phone and consuming the battery. It was DJI GO 4. I never use it on the Samsung S6 phone anymore as it disconnects or it's stubborn to connect, and the video feed breaks up far too much so I use an iPad Air 2 always now.

But I don't understand why GO 4 is self-launching itself in the background? Calling home or something? I did a "Force Stop" and shut it down for now. I usually power down the phone at night while it charges, but when I turn it on in the AM no doubt GO 4 will run at some time during the day.

I don't know if a forced shutdown also disconnects me from the log-on account portion where it could restrict flight, and I haven't tested that yet. GO could be very annoying spyware perhaps!

Dji Go app doesn't auto launch on iOS devices.

If you don't use it anymore, why not just delete it from your phone? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

If you don't use it anymore, why not just delete it from your phone? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

I keep having hope the DJI will fix GO 4 so it works right and doesn't break up. Not holding my breath though.

Fwiw, I see Apple released a new iTunes for Windows as well as iOS for the iPad Air 2 to version 10.3.3 today. Lightroom has some update too. Now where are the DJI ones?

Yeah, I haven't noticed GO 4 self-launching on Apple iOS either, just the S6 for some reason and maybe why the battery is dead in half a day. I do have the S6 set to update programs but why GO starts behind the scenes is beyond me, but glad the battery app detects it when it does. No doubt it is calling home as someone said GO has 10-20 ports open that they blocked with some app.

Force closing doesn't seem to work all the time. It auto launches or respawns itself in the background. I have it on multiple devices and I usually "freeze" it with a utility until I need to use it again on my other devices.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl