Why are are all the High Capacity Phantom 4 5870 mAh batteries out of stock?

Reaction score
DJI, out of stock (not that I would pay their higher price), Amazon, out... EVEN the seemingly preferred for 3rd party choice Powerextra brand - "out of stock" on Amazon & eBay for the high capacity version ? WTH?
And accordingly, over the last few months I have watched the rise in prices on eBay (if available in high capacity)? :grin:
Something collectively must be goin' on out there?

Here are a few places where Phantom 4 high capacity batteries are currently in stock:

Reactions: tim3308
Here are a few places where Phantom 4 high capacity batteries are currently in stock:
I should've clarified my post - the non "DJI" price points, aka below $169 (that a few months ago were no problem to find)... are awol. Yea, I'm not paying $170. Suckers price, seriously... but w/ recent lack of availability :)....

DJI sells them for $169. Two of the links I posted above have them listed for $168.

You were seeing new high capacity batteries listed below MSRP a few months ago? That's highly unusual. Even more so since they've been out of stock many places.

I don't think Trump had a hand in this one. The DJI Store was selling high capacity batteries for $169 since at least November 2016.

1566163725742.png

Yes, there were several being sold from China (DJI branded for definitely less than $150) and or importers here. Those prices disappeared in recent weeks on eBay.
I think Jeffery means Trump and others in our Govt (he does not act alone) who are tired of being on the short end of the stick w/ China's dubious/underhanded/deal from different deck etc "capitalism when we need to be or devout communists - which ever suits our agenda that day" - tarrifs
Good point. That exactly might be going on w/ what I see....

Reactions: GerryF and Basspig
Ah, so, you only want to buy from any old seller out of China? Well, you're in luck then. You can find them here on Alibaba:

Well, that's why I linked you to those authorized DJI dealers above. If you're into taking risks to save a few bucks and don't care about DJI offering a warranty on them, then Alibaba is certainly an option for you to consider.

Reactions: tim3308
For those of you that could not get the genuine DJI P4 battery & have resorted to buying an aftermarket brand I would like to ask your opinions on whether I should choose that option given the total lack of genuine batteries in Australia. Am I putting my P4 at risk on buying one or should I just sit it out till DJI manufacture some genuine one's sometime in the future?
I value your honest input.

DJI branded one showed up on eBay the other day - a mere 14 charge cycles for $109. I jumped on that quicker than a jack rabbit on a date.

Reactions: beakeru2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers