Why are are all the High Capacity Phantom 4 5870 mAh batteries out of stock?

Reaction score
DJI, out of stock (not that I would pay their higher price), Amazon, out... EVEN the seemingly preferred for 3rd party choice Powerextra brand - "out of stock" on Amazon & eBay for the high capacity version ? WTH?
And accordingly, over the last few months I have watched the rise in prices on eBay (if available in high capacity)? :grin:
Something collectively must be goin' on out there?

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Here are a few places where Phantom 4 high capacity batteries are currently in stock:

Reactions: tim3308
Reaction score
Here are a few places where Phantom 4 high capacity batteries are currently in stock:
I should've clarified my post - the non "DJI" price points, aka below $169 (that a few months ago were no problem to find)... are awol. Yea, I'm not paying $170. Suckers price, seriously... but w/ recent lack of availability :)....

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
DJI sells them for $169. Two of the links I posted above have them listed for $168.

You were seeing new high capacity batteries listed below MSRP a few months ago? That's highly unusual. Even more so since they've been out of stock many places.

Reaction score
Sorry to say, but it's a Trump thing. Not joking or making political commentary.

• Angry
Reactions: CPO Coastie

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think Trump had a hand in this one. The DJI Store was selling high capacity batteries for $169 since at least November 2016.

1566163725742.png

Reaction score
Yes, there were several being sold from China (DJI branded for definitely less than $150) and or importers here. Those prices disappeared in recent weeks on eBay.
I think Jeffery means Trump and others in our Govt (he does not act alone) who are tired of being on the short end of the stick w/ China's dubious/underhanded/deal from different deck etc "capitalism when we need to be or devout communists - which ever suits our agenda that day" - tarrifs
Good point. That exactly might be going on w/ what I see....

Reactions: GerryF and Basspig

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Ah, so, you only want to buy from any old seller out of China? Well, you're in luck then. You can find them here on Alibaba:

Reaction score
Ha! Never seen that sight in my life. Buyer protection like on eBay? ;)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Well, that's why I linked you to those authorized DJI dealers above. If you're into taking risks to save a few bucks and don't care about DJI offering a warranty on them, then Alibaba is certainly an option for you to consider.

Reactions: tim3308
Reaction score
For those of you that could not get the genuine DJI P4 battery & have resorted to buying an aftermarket brand I would like to ask your opinions on whether I should choose that option given the total lack of genuine batteries in Australia. Am I putting my P4 at risk on buying one or should I just sit it out till DJI manufacture some genuine one's sometime in the future?
I value your honest input.

Reaction score
B&H. I got 2 from there.

Reaction score
DJI branded one showed up on eBay the other day - a mere 14 charge cycles for $109. I jumped on that quicker than a jack rabbit on a date.

Reactions: beakeru2

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiss