Who's actually filming and Editing in 4k

Once you've done a bunch of post in 1080p and notice framing issues, or wished you could change speed and direction, yet don't want to zoom in or around a 1080p picture because of degradation loss, then you'll go: "Hmm, it'd be nice to have 4 times the picture to work with here...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The majority of those shots required reframing, pans and zooming that simply would've looked horrible had I not had a 4k palette to work with. If you don't intend to make shots like that? Then absolutely save your money and stick with the Advanced.

Macbook Pro laptops don't have 4K monitors but it can do 1440p, already a nice step up from 1080p. When uploading my 4K files to YouTube in addition to 4K playback option folks with retina displays can now enjoy it in 1440p as oppose to 1080p.

Sampling down 4K to 1080p is better than recording in 1080p.

My 4K mp4 files is about 5GB for every 10min, just drop 3TB time capsule or WD on your network and you won't have any storage problems.

Here's first 4K video I did and I noticed significant bump in quality of video files.

If you can afford it, don't settle for 1080p. 4K displays will be as common as 1080p displays in the next couple years.
That was my point. I've absolutely no doubt that I'll have a 4k tv in 2 years, but where I live. In uk there's not going to be other 4k materiel available in the near future, so do I wait till I get my phantom 5 and go for 4k model then

The upgraded charger is almost worth alone as thats $60 seperate, so that makes the 4k camera a $200 upgrade price though it be kinda nice if it was 14mp so the pictures got a boost as well. Owell..

As far as I can see the industry is in its early stages, very similar to when digital cameras came out. Everything seems to be about resolution. 1080p looks awesome on all the screens I watch my videos on. I'm sure in two or three years I'll be ready for 4k.
I'd rather the 3+ have a better lens and sensor that would lead to better pictures in lower light for example than 6k or 8k resolution,

The upgraded charger is almost worth alone as thats $60 seperate, so that makes the 4k camera a $200 upgrade price though it be kinda nice if it was 14mp so the pictures got a boost as well. Owell..

As I said above I think I would rather have a slower charger. Better on batteries from what I am told and a couple guys have posted that you can get a better charge.

I would rather just have one more battery.

Dont see anyone mentioning the frame rate. I own a P3p but have not played with 4k much, simply because it is heavy and cannot be slowed down

Moments like this is where your gonna WISH you had 4K.

That was my point. I've absolutely no doubt that I'll have a 4k tv in 2 years, but where I live. In uk there's not going to be other 4k materiel available in the near future, so do I wait till I get my phantom 5 and go for 4k model then

I'm with you, to each their own where we live in the US, we already have even streaming services like Netflix offering UHD content, you need 25Mbps down connection but really most cable connections here start at 50Mbps.

I'm with you, to each their own where we live in the US, we already have even streaming services like Netflix offering UHD content, you need 25Mbps down connection but really most cable connections here start at 50Mbps.

I think it will be a while before UHD streams well. 50mb is not that common where I live although that is what I have. Netflix does not always stream well on it in standard resolutions. However there is a lot of variables that come into streaming issues beyond one leg of your connection.

One important consideration when filming in 4k: Those files increase in size quickly, and the added weight from several Gbits of video increase the weight of the copter and reduce battery life. If you are flying at distance filming 4k, you should return well before you hit your planned distance, as you may not make it back.

Reactions: ThejsDenmark
Yea but a gig of data is only 200 grams :)

One important consideration when filming in 4k: Those files increase in size quickly, and the added weight from several Gbits of video increase the weight of the copter and reduce battery life. If you are flying at distance filming 4k, you should return well before you hit your planned distance, as you may not make it back.

God I really hope your trolling/joking....

4k is easy to edit. My 5 year old pc blows throughout like its nothing. 5ghz 2600k custom water cooled, 16gb ram, 290x graphics card. Nothing special at all. It does not have to cost a fortune to edit 4k. Now if you want apple then yes they bend you over and don't even give you any lube to ease the pain.

ROFL! Exactly reduces my flight time by about 50% vs 1080p :D

4k is easy to edit. My 5 year old pc blows throughout like its nothing. 5ghz 2600k custom water cooled, 16gb ram, 290x graphics card. Nothing special at all. It does not have to cost a fortune to edit 4k. Now if you want apple then yes they bend you over and don't even give you any lube to ease the pain.

Uhm. "custom water cooled" and "Nothing special at all." don't really go together...

Uhm. "custom water cooled" and "Nothing special at all." don't really go together...

It wasn't required to run 5ghz. I just did it because I wanted to. I used to run the silver arrow cooler on it (big typical air cooler). I can render out a 6gb video in 1 1/2 hours and that is with multiple filters applied. If I am just stitching 2 files together into one video takes maybe 35 minutes.

Exactly. 4k is no issue for simple cuts. When you start applying effects then you just multiply the rendering time.
Now if one can afford a p3p, makes sense to get. May also ease the resale.

Now as said above i personally like to have the capacity to smoothen or even slow down parts of my vid. Currently you wouldnt be able to do it with the 4k camera of the p3p (unless you are ok degrading the quality...)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers