How to Download Video's and Photo's in best quality?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced about 4 months ago and when i download the videos and photos they always look **** quality and grainy. i have been filming my videos in 4K but just switched to 1080 and it doesn't look up to standard, unless 1080 is bad, but it always looks good everywhere else. I'm not sure if it is my computer or that i just don't know how to download the footage properly. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to help me view my photos and videos in full definition so I can make videos. I haven't been able to find any information so I'm hoping that someone here can help!

Thanks

when i download the videos and photos they always look **** quality and grainy. ... I'm not sure if it is my computer or that i just don't know how to download the footage properly.
It sounds like you may be viewing the low-res files that the app saves rather than the actual files which are full quality and can be be found in the DCIM folder on the SD card.
Using a cable to download them is slow and clunky.
The usual way to copy them to your computer is to pop the SD card, put it in a USB adapter and put that in your computer.

It sounds like you may be viewing the low-res files that the app saves rather than the actual files which are full quality and can be be found in the DCIM folder on the SD card.
Using a cable to download them is slow and clunky.
The usual way to copy them to your computer is to pop the SD card, put it in a USB adapter and put that in your computer.
Thanks, but when i view them i go
- DCIM, 100MEDIA, then all my clips and photos are there but i don't think they're top quality. Not sure how everyone else does it but mine looks much worse quality.

Thanks, but when i view them i go
- DCIM, 100MEDIA, then all my clips and photos are there but i don't think they're top quality. Not sure how everyone else does it but mine looks much worse quality.
The images and videos on the SD card will be the best quality available.
If you aren't happy with them, post examples (full size) so someone can check them.

DJI_0003.JPG

It looks like Perth has grown a little since I was there.
You're right .. That pic doesn't look great.
Maybe focus is a factor but it's hard to tell since it's just got water for most of the photo and all the detail is in the distance.
Could you take a pic where the subject is a lot closer to the camera and well lit?
Just a shot of a house or car 10 metres or so away would be fine and no need to even fly.
make sure you are focusing the lens, either by tapping the screen in the subject area or gently squeezing the shutter button half way before taking the pic (does that work for the Advanced as it does on the pro?)

The image size (5472 x 3078) indicatess that it's from the SD card

Sorry for the very VERY Late reply.

I decided to take my drone to the DJI store in Melbourne as i was filming something for a friend and we wondered why the **** it was still so grainy. anyways turns out i had the ISO on 3200 instead of 100 and all this other **** was stuffed because i was messing around with the controls,but the guy caught me a couple things so now i can film in 4k stable and its mint.

I made a video but i dont know how to put it in.

I made a video but i dont know how to put it in.

Glad you got your problem solved.

Videos have to be first posted to somewhere like YouTube or Vimeo.com... then you can copy the link and come paste it here.

I have been creating videos and photos for about five years now. I don't have a large amount of memory, so after each shooting, I have to upload all the photos and videos to the application on my iPhone for perspective in photos, so that it will delete all unnecessary photos that turned out to be different or unsuccessful, as well as videos with poor quality. This helps me to choose videos in a higher resolution and then when transferring to a computer, the resolution remains as good. Try to skip your videos through this, maybe something will change and your problem will be solved. In general, I believe that most of the problems depend on the computer, because it reduces the quality

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4