Who Else Besides DJI?

All of my dealings with DJI have been exemplary as well. For the four times I have had to send a bird back to be repaired under warranty, no questions asked, and a brand new one sent. Albeit that the last time in the middle of the pandemic in April, it took me a little longer on hold, but found that if you speak up on their Official FaceBook page, someone from DJI got right back to me and got me on the right path...

Reactions: dirkclod
I am considering the Autel Evo .. no GEO fencing I am told .... and US Company!
Office in US.To be exact .
They are, technically, an American company, but they are owned by Autel Intelligent Technology in China. This parent company makes automotive diagnostic tools. Your contact with Autel Robitics will be in the U.S., but your actual drone will be manufactured in China.

As in life in general, if you want the best service always be as polite and gracious, as possible. Try your best not to be negative and grouchy.
If you can build up a relationship with the DJI outlet in your area that will help immensely. That can mean being very personal and interested in the staff you are dealing with. Believe me they will appreciate it. I have always found them to be outstanding. And I have needed their support many, many times. Hope it helps some.

Reactions: dirkclod
I am just tired of never finding a close place to fly due to the goofy geo-fencing. I have 14 acres - 8 in pasture with three horses and since I am 1 1/2 miles from a little local airport my P4P V2 will not even take off .. goofy. The Autel Evo will allow me to fly everyday and and at least become more proficient at flying!

You must be within a airport boundary ProBass. Must be so frustrating for you. You know there are workarounds and there are people on this forum who can help. Just ask the question and they will reply to you. I would not personally do it, I actually like the geofencing so I don't make a mistake. I have no interest in circumventing it but if I lived an an area like you I might changed my mind. Just do a search eg "how to fly a dji drone inside a geofence" You can get software at a small price to help you.
If you find it difficult message me and I will find the links for you.

Reactions: ProBass
I really have no problem in general with geo-fencing .. but there are times like here at home on acreage that I really should be able to fly and look at my property! Any help getting around this issue would be greatly appreciated! Having to look at other brands just to fly my own property!

[/URL]

I'm waiting every day for a better camera. I like the P4P camera, but it needs a bigger sensor with a higher pixel count. It's just barely good enough for me to make large prints, so I usually shoot a matrix of frames and stitch in photoshop. But the DR is lacking. And anything over ISO 100 is useless. I checked out the Evolve just now and sadly it is simply a 16 mpxl sensor with no data stated on the type of shutter or other things that are for photography. I think (hope) the Mavic3 Pro will outshine the P4P's camera later this year. We'll see. Otherwise there are a lot of things I like about the Evolve2.

I checked out the Evolve just now and sadly it is simply a 16 mpxl sensor with no data stated on the type of shutter or other things that are for photography.
Xdynamics are working on two cameras.
The first to be released is optimised for video and is 12MP and they were aiming to have a 20MP stills version later in the year.
I'm not sure how their timeline has been affected by the current situation.
I think (hope) the Mavic3 Pro will outshine the P4P's camera later this year. We'll see. Otherwise there are a lot of things I like about the Evolve2.
There are suggestions of a micro 4/3 camera and interchangeable lenses for the M3.
I suspect they are just wishlist hopes and dreams.
If it did eventuate, I'd be extremely interested.
But I'd be very surprised to see it for a Mavic because the Mavic would have to be very large to carry a micro 4/3 camera and appropriate gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr