Which tablet is the best to use with Phantom 4 Pro, other than iPad

Hello,

Trying to decide which tab would be the best to use with Phantom 4 pro. I bought Galaxy Tab A but it is not very good. Later I saw this link Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help and narrowed down to several tablets:

1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
2. Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus
3. Asus Zenpad 3S 10

Do you have any other recommendations?

Thank you

I've had good results with the Huawei M3 8.4 mediapad. 4 gigs of ram and under $300 from many places. Very little bloatware came installed on it as well and I was able to remove most of that anyway.

Little to pricey for me. Anyone tried Lenovo Tab 4 1.4Ghz with 2GB RAM?

I have not. I will throw in my 2 cents. If the tablet will just barely run go4 then it wont really run it. I have had a lenovo tablet for general use in the past and I got exactly what i paid for.... junk.

The lenovo tab 4 8 PLUS you listed above has 4 GB ram and a faster processor. The tablet you're looking at has a lot less ability than the lenovo you listed at the beginning of the post.

This is an expensive hobby. I would save up just a little more and get a tablet that will work well with your phantom.

I have iPad Air 2. I read the post that it supposed to work well with the P4Go app. I also read the iPad Air 2 optimization steps. While it was working OK for the most part. I experienced issue described in this post.

"Hardware Decoding" option is gone?

The issue was with video transmission.

Now I start it up, the status is nominal, the lights are all green, but the image transmission is awful - blacks out, goes green, stalls, stutters. The thing is unflyable. The iPad is on the current iOS 11.4.

Dgi4Go App Version: 4.2.22
Aircraft: v1.05.0600

It doesn't look like the issue was resolved. Have any of you experienced it yes, have you found any solutions?

Thanks

Maybe your title should ask which cheap tablet works satisfactorily with Go4? Have a look at the known working tablet list at phantomhelp. It’s very helpful.

I fly routinely with and Ipad Air 2, its rock solid. You shouldnt need another tablet, what are your image transmission settings? I find 5.8ghz custom channels and lowering the bitrate of the live feed to solve these issues.

Are you flying in a city, or Wifi congested area?

I have just started using the Huawei mediapro M5 8.4 inch tablet and its been working flawlessly. Octacore processor, 4gb ram and 64gb storage. I have not had a single issue with lag, slowness or any other display issues so far with the device.

As for the price, yea its about $300 but I've tried several Samsung tabs and they just don't come close to matching up to what this one can offer. Each one of them has had some type of lag and video pixelation.

but I've tried several Samsung tabs and they just don't come close

That's because Samsung overburdens their hardware by pre-installing boatloads of junk that can't be gotten rid of! Rooting is the only option.

Many
(most?) other manufacturers do this also... but not Huawei.

LOVE my Mediapad M3 8.4

That's because Samsung overburdens their hardware by pre-installing boatloads of junk that can't be gotten rid of! Rooting is the only option.

Many
(most?) other manufacturers do this also... but not Huawei.

LOVE my Mediapad M3 8.4

Root it and remove it, doesn't matter still the Samsung tabs for some reason can't keep up. Even my S3 had some pixelation issues not as bad but still had it. The only tab's that worked for me was my old Nivida Shield K1 and Nexus 7 II, which had the pixelation issue at times as well.

We do agree, the Huaweu just rocks!

Reactions: umanbean
The only tab's that worked for me was my old Nivida Shield K1

I sure do miss my good old K1... but the display died a few months ago and the M3 was the best bang-for-the-buck that I could find at the time... I likey...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20