Which ND Filters to get for my P3S

Which ND Filter?

• SandMarc ND Filter Set

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PolarPro ND Filter Set

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rather than spend a fortune I thought it best to experiment at first so a purchased a set of Neewer filters for my P3S from Amazon (I think) for about AUD$24. The kit consists of a variable ND filter, CPL and UV filter along with a case (the case is essential so the filters don't get knocked around). I am particularly interested in the variable ND filter. I have been experimenting with the filter with different degrees dependent on the available sunlight. Based on results I will probably buy some good quality fixed ND filters in the future. I can work out what degree of setting I have set the variable filter when comparing against the ND filters I have for my DSLR. So far an ND 4 filter would be considered a minimum for my use. Bear in mind I am operating in Southern Australia (Victoria at 38 degrees latitude). Sunlight down here is rather harsh.

BTW, I never fly without a filter, at least the UV. It's an insurance policy. Lot easier to replace a scratched filter.

Anyway hope this helps.

can suggest better ones that fit the standard and aren't too heavy for the gimbal.
I haven't tried those SANDMARC filters, but the PolarPro filters worked okay for me. They also have good reviews here on Amazon (as do the SANDMARC filters). If it's just a choice between these two filter sets, I'd go with the SANDMARC filters since they come with an ND16.

If interested, I have a list of some other P3S filter brands that will work here.

Hi, I bought a set of PolarPro push on filters, use them on both my P3S and P3P. Best Buy had them for $15. PL, ND 4 and ND 8, not a bad start for a sunny day!

Are you willing to consider Tiffen? I have the set for the Phantom 4 pro (also have the Polar Pros for both my 3pro and 4 pro) I love the way the Tiffens go on and the ease of rotating them on/off. I know from years of experience Tiffen makes good glass for photography. Look on B&H. They had them available and cheaper than Amazon when I bought them. They are larger diameter and may negate any gimbal guard/lens cover you are using.
-- zigs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.