Which ND Filter?

• SandMarc ND Filter Set

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PolarPro ND Filter Set

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rather than spend a fortune I thought it best to experiment at first so a purchased a set of Neewer filters for my P3S from Amazon (I think) for about AUD$24. The kit consists of a variable ND filter, CPL and UV filter along with a case (the case is essential so the filters don't get knocked around). I am particularly interested in the variable ND filter. I have been experimenting with the filter with different degrees dependent on the available sunlight. Based on results I will probably buy some good quality fixed ND filters in the future. I can work out what degree of setting I have set the variable filter when comparing against the ND filters I have for my DSLR. So far an ND 4 filter would be considered a minimum for my use. Bear in mind I am operating in Southern Australia (Victoria at 38 degrees latitude). Sunlight down here is rather harsh.

BTW, I never fly without a filter, at least the UV. It's an insurance policy. Lot easier to replace a scratched filter.

Anyway hope this helps.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
can suggest better ones that fit the standard and aren't too heavy for the gimbal.
I haven't tried those SANDMARC filters, but the PolarPro filters worked okay for me. They also have good reviews here on Amazon (as do the SANDMARC filters). If it's just a choice between these two filter sets, I'd go with the SANDMARC filters since they come with an ND16.

If interested, I have a list of some other P3S filter brands that will work here.

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a set of PolarPro push on filters, use them on both my P3S and P3P. Best Buy had them for $15. PL, ND 4 and ND 8, not a bad start for a sunny day!

Reaction score
Are you willing to consider Tiffen? I have the set for the Phantom 4 pro (also have the Polar Pros for both my 3pro and 4 pro) I love the way the Tiffens go on and the ease of rotating them on/off. I know from years of experience Tiffen makes good glass for photography. Look on B&H. They had them available and cheaper than Amazon when I bought them. They are larger diameter and may negate any gimbal guard/lens cover you are using.
-- zigs

Reaction score
Phantom Drones from EALLRC.com

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remnant UAV