Which Android tablet for my P4P?

I have tried a anti reflective sheet off Ebay and that did not work too well. What is this "anti-glare screen cover" you mention?
I got some 'screen armour' covers from Amazon - matte finish and much better than 'the expensive one' some folks rave about. You STILL need something like a. Hood vision sun screen

My Galaxy S5 is brighter than my Nexus 7, so I've always used it over my Nexus, unless I was shooting on a cloudy day.
I purchased the S7 Edge Thursday to go with my P4P. Same size screen as the P4PP variant and with 855 nit brightness on auto, it'll be perfect for me. I'll probably wait and purchase a Crystal sky display once they come out. IMO iPads are the worst in direct sunlight.

S5 tap'n

Just receives the hd900. They shipped it fast, and they even said I can return it if I don't like it. It came with a rc bracket, and a bunch of hdmi heads. The p3p was sold, so I don't know if I can test this right away. Here's a pic of the box and its contents. This was taken with the hd900.

e436aeb887bd2ad4b303303e51b3725a.jpg

Sent from my HD900 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good God stay away from this tablet^ It lagged right when it was plugged in. A purple screen plagued this screen when it was first plugged into a phantom 4. Later, a p4p was plugged in, and it lagged even more. Do yourself a favour and stay away from this please....I already asked for a refund, so let's wait and see if they keep their word.

Good God stay away from this tablet^ It lagged right when it was plugged in. A purple screen plagued this screen when it was first plugged into a phantom 4. Later, a p4p was plugged in, and it lagged even more. Do yourself a favour and stay away from this please....I already asked for a refund, so let's wait and see if they keep their word.
I told you!

I told you!
:)... well you told me after, but still, thank you! It does have a great screen, so it might still be good for portable gaming or an hdmi monitor. I might have to make a video so people will know about this company.... They said I can ship it back, and they'll refund me, but I looked at the shipping, and it cost more than half of what I paid for to ship it back with DHL, so I might keep it and run the p4p with dual screen.

still all good .......

:)... well you told me after, but still, thank you! It does have a great screen, so it might still be good for portable gaming or an hdmi monitor. I might have to make a video so people will know about this company.... They said I can ship it back, and they'll refund me, but I looked at the shipping, and it cost more than half of what I paid for to ship it back with DHL, so I might keep it and run the p4p with dual screen.

still all good .......

As an hdmi monitor I believe it's the best monitor I have ever seen so far.It's very bright outside I think it is 1000 and the resolution it's awesome.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I can't believe the Shield has been out for over a year and there hasn't been a replacement or a price drop. Still $200. :(
On black friday I believe they were only 149.99, but I got the HD900 instead

On black friday I believe they were only 149.99, but I got the HD900 instead
After the big disappointment of this tablet i also bought the shield k1 and i'm very happy with it.Very cheap just 200 euros.[/QUOTE]

A couple questions:

First, which of the larger Android tablets are compatible with the standard tablet holder for the P4P?

Which ones have the brightest displays that are also on the larger side?

Which ones with brighter displays and larger size have good battery life.

My 3 year old Samsung 8.4 tablet is a good size but I'd like a bit larger. Also, my Sammy tab's battery is getting a bit weak and I was barely able to fly two batteries with it. Also, when operating indoors without gps signals the battery drains even faster.

I have a iPad Pro, but it's too big to fit in the OEM holder. If I was to buy a new tablet the Samsung Tab S2 9.7 inch would fit the bill, but the specs don't list the screen brightness.

Brian

I have a iPad Pro, but it's too big to fit in the OEM holder. If I was to buy a new tablet the Samsung Tab S2 9.7 inch would fit the bill, but the specs don't list the screen brightness.
Brian

Just a note - I have the SM-T813 9.7 inch Samsung Tab S2, and it's apparently not on the "official" DJI GO 4 supported list. I keep having to switch USB to RNDIS Ethernet mode in the developer section to get the app to recognize the bird. It's annoying to have to do that each time you connect (and sometimes more than once, after relaunching the app), but otherwise it works.

I haven't had a chance to test it in bright sunlight, as it's been overcast here for several days, but the display is very nice. With the OEM folio it came with on, it just barely squeezes in the RC's holder at max width.

I've only had a couple flights with it but I like it.

Just a note - I have the SM-T813 9.7 inch Samsung Tab S2, and it's apparently not on the "official" DJI GO 4 supported list. I keep having to switch USB to RNDIS Ethernet mode in the developer section to get the app to recognize the bird. It's annoying to have to do that each time you connect (and sometimes more than once, after relaunching the app), but otherwise it works.

I haven't had a chance to test it in bright sunlight, as it's been overcast here for several days, but the display is very nice. With the OEM folio it came with on, it just barely squeezes in the RC's holder at max width.

I've only had a couple flights with it but I like it.

I've had the same problem with the S2 but also the older 8.4 inch Samsung tablet. The work around of switching the USB connection to RNDIS works but not all the time. I suspect that either the Go app or the RC firmware is doing something odd and hopefully an update will fix it. Very annoying!

Brian

Just wanted to add to this that I ran into a serious problem getting Litchi on the Tab S2.. had to uninstall DJI Go 4 for it to work at all. I think this is a known issue with devices running Android 6+..

But then, after I uninstalled Litchi and reinstalled DJI Go 4, it would crash at the splash screen every time I tried to launch it and would even crash in the background no matter if the RC was connected or not.. I force closed it, rebooted, cleared cache, reinstalled the app, etc..

Very frustrating, because for a while there I could not get past the splash screen no matter what I tried.. I finally figured out that if I disabled WIFI on the tablet, GO 4 would launch just fine. I don't recall that happening before I tried Litchi out, but who knows. Just a heads up if anyone else runs into this issue.

My Nexus 7 2nd Gen tablet is running Android 6/Marshmallow and I have both Litchi and DJI GO 4 installed and have had no problems using either, so it does not seem to be an inherent problem with 6.x.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT