Where to get best deal on Phantom 2?

Reaction score
Friend of mine (doesn't get on forums) is looking for a Phantom 2 and I want to point him in the right direction. Any advice on where to currently find one in stock? I thought I saw a deal not long ago that included an extra battery?

Got mine from B&H. The free battery was only on the P2V.

B&H ships them (or at least on mine) with a wall charger and rechargeable batteries for the Tx. That was pretty handy I thought. They were the same price as every where else I looked, yet you got free shipping and the free rechargeable batteries and charger

Thanks.

He has on the fence about getting the one with the gimbal.

I think w/o the gimbal it is $679 and with the gimbal it is around $869. So, basically a $100 savings vs. buying the gimbal separately. Need to convince him to just get the one with the gimbal =]

Howzit said:
Thanks.

He has on the fence about getting the one with the gimbal.

I think w/o the gimbal it is $679 and with the gimbal it is around $869. So, basically a $100 savings vs. buying the gimbal separately. Need to convince him to just get the one with the gimbal =]

Thats what I did. I was going to wait to get the gimbal, but saw the savings if you buy them together so went ahead and bit the bullet. Glad I did as I only flew my phantom 3 time without the gimbal/gopro. Other than those 3 times, the phantom has always gone up with a go pro on it

Is there a way to charge the battery with an aftermarket lipo charger, or must you stick with the DJI charger?

Howzit said:
Is there a way to charge the battery with an aftermarket lipo charger, or must you stick with the DJI charger?

I don't think so. The DJI charger is really just a power supply, all the charging is handled by the intelligent controller on the battery itself.

I'm waiting on the P2, 3h-3d and goPro 3+ combo from B&H myself ... I've bought tons of other stuff from B&H over the years... Great operation..

I purchased my P2 with gimbal at Pictureline in SLC, $850 plus change, but have ordered a bunch of accessories and stuff from B&H as well as aerialmediapros.com. aerialmediapros is in California and I'm in UT, so shipping is usually 2 days from them and B&H is usually about 6 days to get to me. No complaints with either operation, I tend to want my gear shipped fast so I lean toward aerialmediapros. I think pricing is pretty much standard everywhere you go, really just a matter of convenience and shipping time.

Howzit said:
Friend of mine (doesn't get on forums) is looking for a Phantom 2 and I want to point him in the right direction. Any advice on where to currently find one in stock? I thought I saw a deal not long ago that included an extra battery?

You may want to stay away from UAVProducts (http://www.uavproducts.com). Worst customer service I have experienced with any of the RC companies (Purchased products from about 15 companies so far with this hobby). I bought the Phantom 2 from Robert late last year and had a $150 rebate code from DJI and he was advertising free shipping. He instructed me to send him my DJI rebate code for the rebate after I purchased the Phantom 2 and agreed I would get free shipping. After I purchased the Phantom I got neither the $150 rebate or the free shipping. After he responded to my first email when I inquired about when the $150 rebate and free shipping would be applied, he responded back that both the rebate and free shipping would be credited hopefully in the next few days. Subsequent attempts to contact Robert went unanswered and rebate/free shipping was never received. I can only speak to my experience, but I have seen other complaints about UAVProducts in other forums and I thought oh they must be one offs and so I purchased from them and unfortunately I got burned. I am happy with my Phantom 2, but will never buy from UAVProducts again as they don't deliver what the say the will. Hopefully they will get enough complaints and change their ways as being deceptive is not the way to run a business.

Got mine from www.1uas.com. They only do UAV's so are very knowledgeable about these things vs the larger retailers. Free shipping and no tax (if you're not in MD). You also get credit toward your next purchase on whatever you buy. I think on the P2 it's around $20-$25. I was able to get a couple pairs of extra props.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20