Where to buy Phantom 2 kit with Gopro Hero 4 installed?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have searched both Google and this site and haven't found the answer. Forgive me if it is here and I just can't find it. I am looking to buy a package with Phantom 2 and Gopro Hero 4 together. Does such a bundle exist or must they be purchased separately?

Thanks!

There is no need to buy these things together. Just buy them separately from someone like B&H Photo. Installing any GoPro camera onto a Zenmuse gimbal is very easy. Plug in the USB cable and screw in the 2 screws for the bracket that hold the GoPro in place.

One more question....I'd like to buy the Phantom 2, but the Vision + seems to be upgraded in more ways than just adding a camera. My point is...Do I need to buy the Vision +, take off the DJI camera and then install the GPH4? I guess I was hoping to find a Phantom 2 sans camera, so that I am not buying a DJI camera that I don't plan to use. Does that make sense?

Thanks again.....

hi mate, welcome. I can't recall ever seeing Phantom 2 kits with just the gimbal pre-installed... to be honest with you it's really not that hard to install the gimbal, just a few screws and plugging in a cable, the worst part is getting the technique for mounting the rubber dampers but you'll get it pretty quick.

Now I DO know about a multitude of places that sell Phantom 2's with a full FPV kit already installed, including the gimbal. With just the P2+gimbal alone (adding your own gopro) you don't have any way to see what the gopro sees you just have to guess. Most folks go ahead and add in a FPV system so you can indeed see live through the eye of the gopro and know exactly what you're pointed at, and while you're doing THAT you also want an iOSD for telemetry info. Head on over to the FPV forum if you want to learn about all that

It's really not hard to install one of those systems yourself (total cost under $400) but I totally understand if you don't want to deal with it and just have someone else do it all for you. I actually have started doing this for folks but only in the NYC area, so if you happen to be nearby we can talk but I don't want to deal with shipping and all that.

B&H sells fully built P2+FPV kits as do a plethora of other vendors, not sure if any of them specifically have a H4-3d. You could also look in the Classifieds section of this site, I know a guy with the handle "hunch" that buys, repairs and sells Phantoms with full kits, carrying cases, etc. if you go track down one of his threads in Classifieds he might be willing to set one up with a H4-3D for you. Bear in mind you can't PM people on this site until you hit a 5 or 10 post count (you're currently at 1) so if you want to PM him go make some comments on some random threads (the Photo/Video forum is useful for this.. just say "cool!" or whatever on a few posts)

Someone also just posted this H4-3D with FPV kit in Classifieds (ebay link) although you could build the same kit yourself for about 300 less, it's not a bad deal if you consider the $300 build time and all.

Thanks for the response. I am not worried about installing. I have been in IT for 20 years and build several PCs weekly. It is literally my job to do that kind of stuff. I was mainly trying to save money by buying a package that is setup exactly the way I want it, without having to remove DJI parts and install Gopro parts. I nearly pulled the trigger on an Inspire that has the 4K camera, but there are some serious bugs right now with the Inspire, so I decided to buy Phantom with the 4K Gopro. Hope that makes more sense.

Indy Nerdist said:
One more question....I'd like to buy the Phantom 2, but the Vision + seems to be upgraded in more ways than just adding a camera. My point is...Do I need to buy the Vision +, take off the DJI camera and then install the GPH4? I guess I was hoping to find a Phantom 2 sans camera, so that I am not buying a DJI camera that I don't plan to use. Does that make sense?

Thanks again.....

The Vision series Phantom 2's are not designed to be modified at all... that's kind of their point it's basically a "built in" camera+gimbal... unfortunately that Vision camera is vastly inferior to a gopro, but you have the app. So basically if you're willing to sacrifice video quality for ease of use, that's what the Vision is for. If you want amazing videos on an easy-to-DIY yourself platform, that's what he non-Vision series are best for.

It IS possible to convert a Vision over to a gimbal/gopro, but it's really complicated and not worth it imo.

Indy Nerdist said:
Thanks for the response. I am not worried about installing. I have been in IT for 20 years and build several PCs weekly. It is literally my job to do that kind of stuff. I was mainly trying to save money by buying a package that is setup exactly the way I want it, without having to remove DJI parts and install Gopro parts. I nearly pulled the trigger on an Inspire that has the 4K camera, but there are some serious bugs right now with the Inspire, so I decided to buy Phantom with the 4K Gopro. Hope that makes more sense.

agreed, the Inspire is overpriced for it's capabilities. I'm an IT guy as well and trust me it's really easy to both install the gimbal, spec and install a nice long range FPV system, especially with support from this forum. Like I mentioned before you can install an entire FPV kit that is basically plug and play (you have to open up the shell naturally, and move a thing or 2 around) with range that exceeds your Phantom's own capabilities for just under $400. Head on over to the FPV forum and check out the sticky threads, especially "lowest prices on components" which lays out a lot of options for you.

feel free to post in there with FPV questions :)
cheers!

I am surprised that no one has said that you can't put the GoPro on the Phantom 2 Vision.
I bought my system already built from DroneFly (see my sig). There was no premium for assembling the gear, and even though I had built two other multirotor A/C I decided to let them install everything for me.

I have a P2 Non Vision, GoPro Hero 4, and Black Pearl for FPV.

SteveMann said:
I am surprised that no one has said that you can't put the GoPro on the Phantom 2 Vision..

Sup steve... you're surprised nobody has said you CAN'T do that? because you can... it's just really complicated. we get people.. I don't want to say all the time but every few weeks someone comes in to the FPV forum posting about it... it's possible just a big hassle.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl