Where to buy in the UK

Reaction score
Hi,
Want to buy the P3 Advanced and looking for recommendations where the best price is and best company to deal with.

Also for a newb, what would you recommend if you are to get one additional accessory?

Thanks

Great forum by the way and hope to be contributing soon with my new drone.

Reactions: monkeychops
Accessories I would recommend include extra batteries, a case or backpack and a tracker.
For a tracker I would recommend the rf-v16 about £30 on ebay. You just need a sim card. I use a giffgaff in mine. The tracker gives a little piece of mind in case the worst should happen. Never needed it yet, thankfully.

Reactions: Numone
Hi,
Want to buy the P3 Advanced and looking for recommendations where the best price is and best company to deal with.

Also for a newb, what would you recommend if you are to get one additional accessory?

Thanks

Great forum by the way and hope to be contributing soon with my new drone.

check out SLRHUT,UK I haven't looked for a while but they normally beat any other seller and if you get extra batteries they normally send it to you in 3 days. I'm glad I got mine p3p from them

Reactions: Numone
Accessories I would recommend include extra batteries, a case or backpack and a tracker.
For a tracker I would recommend the rf-v16 about £30 on ebay. You just need a sim card. I use a giffgaff in mine. The tracker gives a little piece of mind in case the worst should happen. Never needed it yet, thankfully.
Interested in getting a RF-V16. Do you need a PAYG or contract data SIM for it to operate? All info welcome!

SLRhut.co.uk, best price, fast shiping from NY, no aditional custom charges, you can get even better price if you call them. RF-v16 with giffgaff sim + nice 3D printed bracket from ebay, 2 x extra batteries, Manfrotto D1 or polar pro drone trekker, nvidia shield or ipad mini...

Last edited:
SLRhut.co.uk, best price, fast shiping from NY, no aditional custom charges, you can get even better price if you call them. RF-v16 with giffgaff sim + nice 3D printed baracket from ebay, 2 x extra batteries, Manfrotto D1 or polar pro drone trekker.
Is that a data SIM? What's the monthly cost?

Giffgaff is a normal pay as you go, no monthly cost, just top up with some credit and go, working with RF-V16 out of the box. The best is, if you control the tracker from another giffgaff sim, giffgaff to giffgaff is totally free and don't need any internet conection if you don't want to live track it.

Giffgaff is a normal pay as you go, no monthly cost, just top up with some credit and go, working with RF-V16 out of the box. The best is, if you control the tracker from another giffgaff sim, giffgaff to giffgaff is totally free and don't need any internet conection if you don't want to live track it.
So no data needed, just a standard PAYG sim and a bit of credit? Found the bracket too - looks great.

I got a great deal from London Camera Exchange which included 2 batteries.

As for an accessory, have you ever flown a drone before? If not, I would buy a cheap drone like the Syma X5 for £40 on Ebay and crash that a few times, because you will and its better that than crashing the DJI. Otherwise I would get a 2nd battery.

I got a great deal from London Camera Exchange which included 2 batteries.

As for an accessory, have you ever flown a drone before? If not, I would buy a cheap drone like the Syma X5 for £40 on Ebay and crash that a few times, because you will and its better that than crashing the DJI. Otherwise I would get a 2nd battery.
It was on a £40 fathers day present that gave me the bug and understanding on what is needed to fly a drone through lots of drops.

Cheapest isnt always best!!!
I ALWAYS used to go for the best deal I can find. A mate persuaded me to pay a bit extra and buy from Maplin. Best thing I ever did! The slightest problem they will swap it out for you no messing around. They even refunded my P2 in full so I could upgrade to the P3!

Cheapest isnt always best!!!
I ALWAYS used to go for the best deal I can find. A mate persuaded me to pay a bit extra and buy from Maplin. Best thing I ever did! The slightest problem they will swap it out for you no messing around. They even refunded my P2 in full so I could upgrade to the P3!
Maplin has Phantom 3 pro for £949,I bought mine from SLRhut for £660, so its not only bit more. SLRhut have good reviews and anyway the warranty going through DJI europe in Germany no messing around.

Got mine from www.buzzflyer.co.uk plus they do them 12mths 0% finance so you can spread the cost ....

P3 Adv on its way, think this is the best value option for me. Don't need 4k not got 4k TV and P4 is just not, economically speaking, viable for me well unless I sell one of my telescopes.

P3 Adv on its way, think this is the best value option for me. Don't need 4k not got 4k TV and P4 is just not, economically speaking, viable for me well unless I sell one of my telescopes.
Great! Where did you purchase Ian the end. Did you get any extras - battery/ies, backpack etc.?

I actually ordered it through my wife's Very account so 12 months interest free. So leaves me a budget for accessories.

Reactions: monkeychops
Regarding the tracker and sim card, as someone else has suggested I have two Giffgaff PAYG simcards, one for the tracker and one for an old iphone to track from. Cards were free, just had to put £10 credit on but got extra £5 free. It's free then to send messages or call between tracker and phone, which is useful when setting up and testing. That allows me to text the tracker and get a reply with the coordinates, which you can then check in Google maps. You can set up the tracker to track live using an app, where the location is updated at a set time frame. This requires a sim package with data. I have not tried this option. You can phone the tracker to make it ring which would help you find it in undergrowth etc. There are buttons on it that can be programed to call your mobile at a press.
The tracker is neat little device for the money with lots of options and features.

Reactions: Numone and Deimos
Regarding the tracker and sim card, as someone else has suggested I have two Giffgaff PAYG simcards, one for the tracker and one for an old iphone to track from. Cards were free, just had to put £10 credit on but got extra £5 free. It's free then to send messages or call between tracker and phone, which is useful when setting up and testing. That allows me to text the tracker and get a reply with the coordinates, which you can then check in Google maps. You can set up the tracker to track live using an app, where the location is updated at a set time frame. This requires a sim package with data. I have not tried this option. You can phone the tracker to make it ring which would help you find it in undergrowth etc. There are buttons on it that can be programed to call your mobile at a press.
The tracker is neat little device for the money with lots of options and features.
Excellent. Many thanks for the info.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20