Where do I find video if I forgot to record?

Reaction score
I read that you can find the video of a flight even if you didn't record It, somewhere in the cache.
Can someone explain how to retrieve it?
Is it on the iPad itself or in the SD card in the p3?
Can you retrieve a video if you recorded another flight afterwards?

Impossible. Flight logs yes. Video no.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I read that you can find the video of a flight even if you didn't record It, somewhere in the cache.

Wait a second.... did you just ask how to find a video that you never recorded?

As you mentioned, _if_ you recorded a video and have the device set up to cache the video then you can find a copy on the device. However, if you never recorded a video.... there is never going to be a "copy" (of nothing).

Reactions: Wattser
Wait a second.... did you just ask how to find a video that you never recorded?

As you mentioned, _if_ you recorded a video and have the device set up to cache the video then you can find a copy on the device. However, if you never recorded a video.... there is never going to be a "copy" (of nothing).
Makes sense.
I was surprised to read in another thread that apparently there was some video in a cache. It was mentioned to the person that had a crash and did not record the video...

Priceless, simply priceless. Thanks Foosy.
Ya Got Em Good.gif

Seriously, no offense intended, just funny as hell.
If it's possible, you can laugh at me publicly. ;)

Makes sense.
I was surprised to read in another thread that apparently there was some video in a cache. It was mentioned to the person that had a crash and did not record the video...
The video cache DOES backup video WHILE you're recording it on your iPhone or iPad... but only when you actually hit record.

Reactions: Digdat0
go to the internet and search "where to find video"...

there are about 1,680,000,000 results

here's one....
1txWhLw_zpsdqcolduj.gif

It does record a proxy 720p version from the downlink on your iOS/android device but only if you actually push record. That might be a good option for DJI to add as an option "always record proxy".

It's in the clouds man. The clouds hold everything

Reactions: AmosMoses
I definitely understand why it is funny.
But I do think, that if it was a feature, it would be a great one.
I know how many times I lost precious moments because I was in a hurry and forgot to hit record, or hit record and it didn't catch.
Of course it would also be extremely useful for post crash analysis.

This is how I see this working:
Every flight will be fully recorded on the SD card. It will start recording with CSC. When you hit record, the open file will be closed and a new one would start and record until you hit stop. When you hit stop a new file record would start. All the recordings done while in stop, can be hidden files that get purged if there is no space on the card. The purge would happen in order from oldest to newest as space would be needed.

Reactions: IflyinWY
I definitely understand why it is funny.
But I do think, that if it was a feature, it would be a great one.
I know how many times I lost precious moments because I was in a hurry and forgot to hit record, or hit record and it didn't catch.
Of course it would also be extremely useful for post crash analysis.

This is how I see this working:
Every flight will be fully recorded on the SD card. It will start recording with CSC. When you hit record, the open file will be closed and a new one would start and record until you hit stop. When you hit stop a new file record would start. All the recordings done while in stop, can be hidden files that get purged if there is no space on the card. The purge would happen in order from oldest to newest as space would be needed.

Ok, although I thought it was funny, it's a great idea. Maybe it should go on another card which overwrites itself and only gets pulled, or retrieved when needed. Kinda like a Flight Data Recorder on an airliner. I would think the programing would be simple, and the weight gain minimal, simply a card holder. :D

FYI: Folks laugh at my ideas most of the time too. ;)

OK, I understand recording the flight to the SD card. But WHERE is the record to ipad/iPhone button?

I have it set up so the DJI Flight App has access to my camera/photos album.

I do have problem with recorded files:

After few flights, i review videos with Director app on location and when i came back home and tried to transfer all video files from SD card, all those reviewed files are not showing up.

Does somebody here knows what is going on?

The video cache DOES backup video WHILE you're recording it on your iPhone or iPad... but only when you actually hit record.

I push the record button for the SD card. Is there a different record button for the IOS? I have cache on, but I cannot find the video on the IOS.

I push the record button for the SD card. Is there a different record button for the IOS? I have cache on, but I cannot find the video on the IOS.
I was under the impression that the 'Video Moments' folder recorded a 720p version of you "Recorded" flight, and the n"Video Cache" folder saved a low resolution version of EVERY flight, regardless of your recording or not. On my iPad every flight is in the video cache folder, while only the recorded flights show up in the Moments folder.
I was under the impression that the 'Video Moments' folder recorded a 720p version of you "Recorded" flight, and the "Video Cache" folder saved a low resolution version of EVERY flight, regardless of your recording or not. On my iPad every flight is in the video cache folder, while only the recorded flights show up in the Moments folder.

I really don't know. Where did you store the pictures you didn't take.

I realize this is an older thread but . . .

For those interested the Litchi app does have (if you enable it) an Auto Record feature. I find it's a nuisance because I have to STOP recording in order to take pics but for some it might be a useful feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31