Where do I find the SN of Phantom 4 Pro to register UAS?

Reaction score
I see in the bottom of the battery compartment two rows of numbrers with a QR code next to it. Is that the SN? I bought this used so I don't have the box. I have Airdata which shows an "internal" SN. I want to register my drone and don't know what number to use.

I see in the bottom of the battery compartment two rows of numbrers with a QR code next to it
That's the aircraft serial number.

Where are you trying to register it?

You don't need the serial number if you're registering as a hobbyist. Make sure you're registering here.

Have the registration for non commercial SUAV changed? I have one N number for all drones current and future drones when I registered with FAA. It is good for 2 years. Thanks.

Have the registration for non commercial SUAV changed? I have one N number
It has not changed. You still only need a registration number. N-numbers are only required for commercial aircraft.

Yep, you'll need it then.

When you power up the quad, isn't there an area inside the Go app that shows the serial number? Seems to me it's in the "About" section where it shows your firmware version or somewhere close to that

It has not changed. You still only need a registration number. N-numbers are only required for commercial aircraft.
N# aren't required as the web portal for FAA Reg does not issue N# but FAA#. N# are done via paper registration only.

It's a HUGE pain to transfer or even cancel an N# registration.We found this out the hard way. The FAA# (via Commercial side of the portal) is silly easy.

Luckily enough, the FAA has made is super easy to register to fly your drone. Visit their website, be at least 13 years of age, have a valid credit card and in a few minutes you’ll have what you need to fly legally in the United States.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT