When will DJI SDK for P4P be available

Reaction score
I use the Phantom 4 for mapping missions using Pix4d Capture, and Map Pilot apps. Being the camera is much better on the P4Pro, more pixels, no rolling shutter. I want to run a mission with the new P4P. Unfortunate no apps available yet.

Here is what I got from Pix4D when asking for software availability.

"The DJI Phantom 4 Pro has just been released. It is in our pipeline to have it in our list of supported drones in Pix4Dcapture. However, we are not able to give a timeline for this integration.

What we can tell so far, is that Pix4Dcapture should not work with this drone because the current DJI SDK is 3.4.1 and the Phantom 4 Pro is not in the list of drones supported by the latest DJI SDK (what allows the communication between the app and the drone's firmware). DJI will probably release a new SDK soon, so that our developers can work on the app to support Phantom 4 Pro. This will require some time though."

Not sure I want to manually program the mission with DJI Go 4. The aerial imagery must be 180ft AGL, with 80% side overlap, 75% front overlap, and camera angle Nadir. Has anyone here used waypoints with DJI Go App for a missions like this?

We will just have to wait and see.. With Litchi you can actually open the app no issues and it will say ready to fly and you can takeoff. But at this stage is too risky to trial a waypoint mission or any of the other features. Drone deploy for example have been quite aggressive with their inhouse app store so I'm sure they will be pushing DJI to release the SDK ASAP.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.