When we come across bad apples

doesn't look like safe flying

Reactions: ifilmls and Tricky
is really a awesome video

Move on. Simple as that. Posting stuff, egging people to show outrage just adds fuel to the fire and serves no purpose. Just my recommendation.
I disagree. Had this fellow been a member of this esteemed forum he might have learned that flying in this manner only detracts from our collective interests, and especially to those who hope to make a buck "flying commercially" this video should be spread like wildfire to show new pilots and brazen pilots alike that the UAS community not only frowns on this behavior, but will shun the perpetrators who will ruin our hobby.

I disagree. Had this fellow been a member of this esteemed forum he might have learned that flying in this manner only detracts from our collective interests, and especially to those who hope to make a buck "flying commercially" this video should be spread like wildfire to show new pilots and brazen pilots alike that the UAS community not only frowns on this behavior, but will shun the perpetrators who will ruin our hobby.

You are hoping he might be a member here and reads your post? If you _really_ wanted to let him know... why not just get his email from Youtube and send him an email? Seems like a sure bet to accomplish what you want.

I disagree with your method.

Young people in this nation (and maybe others) tend to crave attention in any way they can get it. If they know getting a vid while doing something stupid will be spread they will make it their goal, you can see it all over YouTube in non drone related vids. Though the idea of "showing what a bad example they are" sounds good, it would only encourage them to become the example and get the attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tricky
No judgement on the vid posted, not enough service to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me something:
Do you call 911 when you see;
a speeding car
A driver texting and driving
Lady putting on make up using that make up device on the wind shield while driving
Guy eating his fast-food with one hand, drink in the other, driving using his knees
Etc etc etc, any of which would be a lot more dangerous than a capable person flying a small drone, just because it it's up there doesn't mean it's going to fall, or you just don't trust the technology?
And please don't point out all the crashes, as that number is negligible vs the number of drones flying at any one time.

Why is it when it comes to quads, you guys come out of the shadows and start being the self appointed "drone police".

Listen, drones are here to stay, so don't worry about our little toys or tools for the pros who want to make money. It will be a much more restricted hobby for sure, but not because of people that you think are irresponsible but because of the sheer number of drones milling about up there!!!

And do remember not everybody lives in middle of nowhere or interested in filming trees, sky, water falls, sunsets etc!

So the answer to your question is: do as you do with everything else in your day to day observations of irresponsible acts: NOTHING

What should we do?

Specifically 1:44, 1:58 and 2:02.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
J

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member