When flying a Litchi Mission in P4P+ and you lose signal...

If you lose signal (lose the connection to the aircraft) then you can issue no commands and receive no feedback (or one or both may be unreliable if signal is marginal.) But if RTH is set correctly the aircraft will RTH upon loss of signal and you will probably regain the link on the way back, and can then cancel RTH if desired.
I tried it today. I put a 4 minute mission, up to 2 miles away and back, into Litchi and flew my Phantom 4 on the mission. At about 2000 feet away, hills and trees between us, it lost signal. It continued on its mission and completed it. So the answer is that on a Litchi mission, if the P4 loses signal, it does not return to home upon loss of signal but continues on its mission. I do have RTH on loss of signal set but a Litchi mission overrides that.

Members with much more knowledge than I will pipe in here, but, as far as i know, on loosing signal Litchi will complete the mission, if you hit return to home mid-mission, I'd assume the bird would do as told & return to home, no?
Yes, I treated and you are correct. Thanks for the feedback.

As I said multiple times earlier in the thread, when on a Litchi waypoint mission the aircraft will not RTH upon LOS. The quote from above was referring to standard FPV mode.

Unless I missing something, I do not see anything there that tells HOW to get the Litchi APP on the P4P+ (which has its own "screen/smart device" built into the Controller).

YES I have HEARD that you can't install any apps on the PLUS Controller. Just because that's what some people say, and is popular belief, doesn't mean that it's still the case.

Things change in this industry, rather quickly, so I am asking because likely someone knows what I don't yet know.

Sorry for any possible confusion.

Last edited:
Unless I missing something, I do not see anything there that tells HOWQ to get the Litchi APP on the P4P+ (which has its own "screen/smart device" built into the Conttroller
Oh sorry, I misunderstood your question. You cannot install Litchi (or any third party app) on the P4P+. That has been covered so extensively that I thought everyone was aware.

I think the reason everyone is confused is because the title and original post talk about a scenario that is not possible, that being using litchi on a P4P+

I think the reason everyone is confused is because the title and original post talk about a scenario that is not possible, that being using litchi on a P4P+
Yes, the subject line should be changed if possible. If not...

ATTENTION:

----> LITCHI AND OTHER THIRD PARTY APPS CANNOT BE USED ON THE P4P+ <------

There, that oughtta do it... ;)

If there ever is a solution you will know from the sound of a loud collective cheer and probably about three dozen threads. Until then, alas, I think it will be safe to assume that nothing has changed.

Just to make sure. I have a P4P+ and cannot load 3rd party apps on the controller at this time. Too bad because I used Litchi exclusively on my P4. Hopefully, DJI opens up the 'plus' as they will need to do with the new high-end monitors demo'd recently. BTW, I find the screen on the 'plus' is worth the price and current limitations on 3rd party apps.

Reactions: setandforget
My experience is that you can cancel the mission at any time (as long as you have a connection) and RTH as per normal. I haven't tried hitting the RTH during a mission though. Might give that a try.
I've done this hitting RTH during a mission will END MISSION and begin RTH procedures provided you are within range of the drone and have radio contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez