Whats the Screw?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Apologies is this has been asked before , can anyone tell me what this screw is for on the back of the DJ6 just below the gimbal lever - looks like its got an X in a circle next to it .?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Transmit power level - All the way right for FCC (USA) or left for locations where there are power restrictions. If your TX beeps 2 times on power up, it is already set for US use.

Dalite said:
Transmit power level - All the way right for FCC (USA) or left for locations where there are power restrictions. If your TX beeps 2 times on power up, it is already set for US use.

Ah ok , and just out of interest - whats the difference in power?

In Europe there is a statutory regulation regarding the maximum transmit power for Wi-Fi products of 20dBm (100mW) EIRP. This however does not mean that a radio with a high transmit power does not meet the standard (CE) requirements. EIRP (Equivalent isotropically radiated power) is normally referred to the total power output of the radio plus the gain of the antenna, deducting loss in cables and connectors.
{EIRP (dBm) = radio power (dBm) + antenna gain ( dBi) – cable/connector loss (dBi)}
However, local authorities in their own countries may sometimes determine local regulations pertaining to radio while in the progression to align with the harmonized EU standards, and such local regulations prevail above the guidelines as set by the European Commission.
EnGenius performs and fulfills compliance obligation with custom agencies and the individual local authorities to ensure that the goods to be imported are in compliance with the law through notified bodies. This notification, however is NOT applicable to any other parties who intend to import and/or resell the same goods in the EU states on their own.

FCC 2.4 GHz BAND RULES (POINT‐TO‐MULTIPOINT) Maximum = +36dBm (4watts)
Maximum Power from Intentional Radiator *1
Maximum Antenna Gain (dBi)
EIRP (dBm)

Found on an online spec listing ( not from DJI site )

Transmitter Power
CE: 25mw; FCC: 125mw

You can always do a FCC ID search and get the info from what DJI sent to them to get FCC approval.

I think the first 3 characters are SS3..

If this is the non-Vision non-fc40 controller for the p1 and p2 (2.4ghz). the pot below the gimbal tilt lever does nothing. It's not an FCC/CE power toggle like on the 5.8ghz controllers.

ElGuano said:
If this is the non-Vision non-fc40 controller for the p1 and p2 (2.4ghz). the pot below the gimbal tilt lever does nothing. It's not an FCC/CE power toggle like on the 5.8ghz controllers.

+1 - I experimented with this screw back in the first days of having the Phantom as I was told it was a FCC/CE power toggle, turns out it does absolutely nothing on my P 1.1.1.

davemcm said:
ElGuano said:

+1 - I experimented with this screw back in the first days of having the Phantom as I was told it was a FCC/CE power toggle, turns out it does absolutely nothing on my P 1.1.1.
So you're saying you made 1 long range flight in CE and 1 in FCC and got exactly the same lose of RC signal at roughly the same distance?
Good to know. I'm not feeling so bad now by going with another Futaba on the P2.

Back in Oct/Nov when the P2 tx was released for the 1.1.1, someone put it on an analyzer and confirmed there was no difference in output. I looked but can't find the thread...

Since then there hasn't been anything else concrete released, so I'm just relying on that claim. I've done multiple flights with the pot cw and ccw, but my area is so rf-saturated that I can't draw any conclusions one way or another. I just find it odd that the pot was specifically placed there, yet does nothing.

havasuphoto said:
davemcm said:
ElGuano said:

So you're saying you made 1 long range flight in CE and 1 in FCC and got exactly the same lose of RC signal at roughly the same distance?
Good to know. I'm not feeling so bad now by going with another Futaba on the P2.

Back in Oct/Nov when the P2 tx was released for the 1.1.1, someone put it on an analyzer and confirmed there was no difference in output. I looked but can't find the thread...

Since then there hasn't been anything else concrete released, so I'm just relying on that claim. I've done multiple flights with the pot cw and ccw, but my area is so rf-saturated that I can't draw any conclusions one way or another. I just find it odd that the pot was specifically placed there, yet does nothing.

Yes, exactly that, I have various landmarks around that I know when RTH engages, and the screw made no different whatsoever to that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl