Remote ID Customer Service

Shawgod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with customer support. I asked them about the Remote ID in the about section of the DJI 4 app. She said to put the serial number of the drone in there. That the drone does broadcast the serial number. This was recently put in the drone in the last update to the drone. I don't know how much of this is true. If anyone wants to chime in here, please do.

DJI RID and FAA RID are two entirely different things. Just named the same.

DJI RID is for Aeroscope to pick up appropriate data for security systems around areas like stadiums and airports.

FAA RID is the Congressionally mandated version that will apply to all registered drones after 9.16.23.

DJI RID and FAA RID are two entirely different things. Just named the same.

DJI RID is for Aeroscope to pick up appropriate data for security systems around areas like stadiums and airports.

FAA RID is the Congressionally mandated version that will apply to all registered drones after 9.16.23.
Then does the DJI ID get broadcasted like FAA ID?

Then does the DJI ID get broadcasted like FAA ID?
It does and I have a feeling it sends out your serial number, regardless but only the DJI tool can get it. many airports and stadiums have it and it seems they can figure out who you are wether put your serial number in or not.

As has been mentioned, it broadcasts in a different format.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers