What's the general life span of a Phantom?

Reaction score
First off how long have you had your Phantom? What kind of life span do they have assuming you fly normally without abusing it. At what point might you want to have it maintanenced?
I'm assuming we are putting it in terms of flight hours.

At least a year - that's how long I've had my P2V without problems. I cannot estimate how many flight hours I've put on it and its batteries. I've asked the same question on this forum a couple different times and haven't gotten an informed answer beyond what I said here - at least a year.

ccase39 said:
First off how long have you had your Phantom? What kind of life span do they have assuming you fly normally without abusing it. At what point might you want to have it maintanenced?

I can't give exact dates, but I bought my Phantom1 when they came out. I bought, but never flew my Phantom2 V1, so when V2 came out I returned it and bought the V2. But, then there was a possibility that DJI might come out with a P3, so this one hasn't 'officially' been flown, waiting to see if they do come out with the V3.

This is a Phantom forum but I wouldn't be honest, unless I told the truth, which is there is a VTOL a plane I really want and I want Hobbico's Ora, that is supposed to come out in March. I feel that in this year, we are going to see much more advanced multi-rotors, with equipment being standard, like FPV, parachute, collision avoidance and things I haven't even imagined! So, I'm sitting on the fence for now!

The only part that really wears on a Phantom (assuming no crashes) is the motor bearings. They ought to last for years. They are replaceable as well. As long as your motors turn smoothly, you're good to go.

There are recommendations for motor replacement periods, but I forget what they are.
Other than that, and batteries, I agree, it should last several years.

PhantomFanatic said:
ccase39 said:

This is a Phantom forum but I wouldn't be honest, unless I told the truth, which is there is a VTOL a plane I really want and I want Hobbico's Ora, that is supposed to come out in March. I feel that in this year, we are going to see much more advanced multi-rotors, with equipment being standard, like FPV, parachute, collision avoidance and things I haven't even imagined! So, I'm sitting on the fence for now!

Those are on my wishlist as well, but it'll probably be a while before I can get around to getting them. I decided to go the cheaper route and do a 250 quadcopter build instead since I can build it at school with plenty of extra parts to work with and other things I don't have laying around the house, and it would actually count as a school project! :p

Maybe we can keep track now that flytrex is being used more and more. They should have a category for most hours, total miles flown on same copter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl