What's the difference between "Smart" & "Failsafe" RTH?

Ah, I see. Upon signal loss it does a short backtrack seeking signal. Then if it can't find it is does a Failsafe RTH and goes directly home.
Now that makes much more sense.

Reactions: F3honda4me
To Geoff :

I am not agree with you, if you read the user Manual P4P page 15 :

Failsafe RTH
The Forward Vision System allows the aircraft to create a real-time map of its flight route as it flies. If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote controller signal is lost for more than three seconds. The aircraft will plan its return route and retrace its original flight route home. The aircraft will hover for 10 seconds at its current location. When it regains signal connection it will wait for pilot commands. The Return-to- Home process may be interrupted and the pilot given control of the aircraft if the remote controller signal connection is re-established.

Now, what i understand :

Smart RTH it is when you use the RTH button -> the aircraft will return directly to the last recorder home point
Failsafe RTH it is when the remote controller signal is lost, and the aircraft will retrace its original flight route home

I hope my english good to understanding me.... i 'm french ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20