Whats the average recharge time for a remote controler ?

Reaction score
Today.......i flew 3 flight batteries and the RC was near fully charged (one led off)....when i got the last flight in...the RC unit had Only one led lite.....its been on the charge right now Off a USB port on my computer and after near 4 hours the red lights Not Off yet.....does a low charged RC take that long to charge up ?...its a month old....and it's been recharged 5 times now.....Thanks To all who Help me understand this.

Oh Ohhhhhhhhh That's the problem....I only got one charger with my P3SE....the one for the Flight battery.....And i agree 100% the USB port is a low current supply.....I just looked at the drones charger to SEE If it had a place with a USB post.............. Nope !

Oh Ohhhhhhhhh That's the problem....I only got one charger with my P3SE....the one for the Flight battery.....And i agree 100% the USB port is a low current supply.....I just looked at the drones charger to SEE If it had a place with a USB post.............. Nope !
Well that sucks, maybe try a USB charger (iPhone or similar) and plug the controller into that. I used to do that with my first PS3 and it charged just fine.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Tevek..checked the box to see IF i missed finding it hiding from me ! nope.then read the booklet what's in the Big box.......only a charger for the flight battery and the book shows it charging thru a usb port ON...? it says it takes 2.5 hours at 1.5 Amps......I am going to use a regulated 12volt bench power supply and get my a higher amp adapter.....these cheep one at low amps..rated at 1 am max !.Thanks for the "Info". tevek Gud day.

Reactions: tevek
Tevek..checked the box to see IF i missed finding it hiding from me ! nope.then read the booklet what's in the Big box.......only a charger for the flight battery and the book shows it charging thru a usb port ON...? it says it takes 2.5 hours at 1.5 Amps......I am going to use a regulated 12volt bench power supply and get my a higher amp adapter.....these cheep one at low amps..rated at 1 am max !.Thanks for the "Info". tevek Gud day.
Not sure what the specs are for a PS3E controller battery, be careful not to exceed the charging voltage. Normal output voltage from a USB device is 5V at whatever current that outlet provides. You should have the controller battery specs in your booklet or flip the controller over and look for the info on the bottom of the casing and use that as a guide.

depending on USB 2 or 3, the charging current could be as low as 500mAh but even USB3 max is 900 mAh on a PC.

depending on USB 2 or 3, the charging current could be as low as 500mAh but even USB3 max is 900 mAh on a PC.
WOW......with current that low......no wonder its took me a long time plugged in to my USB 2.0 port....I have shop type of 12 volt regulated power supply that i will use now with a 12 volt to 5 volt converter....its max amps output is 2.1 amp so it should do the recharge job.nicely Thanks *Technical Bob*.

Reactions: Technical Bob
My 3 SE takes between 60 and 90 minutes using a phone charger with the DJI supplied cable.
Thats sounds Just like mine (60/90 mins to get green light on RC on).....I have a area to fly in right next to my house and when i get inside....I can always feel the RC unit hot from battery useage and i always let the RC unit cool down before i put it on the charger.. Thanks for the reply and .Drone ON>>>>

alright so like...i only have one question, why is everyone here over the age of 60? lol
like i didnt know old people rode drones and stuff

alright so like...i only have one question, why is everyone here over the age of 60? lol
WTH,,you want help or the door mr idontlikedronesaaah 😁 we might be to old to help
Are you allowed out at that age

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RodPad
And your 122 or is there something wrong with my coke bottle glasses ?

We like to help the OP. 👌

Rod..

Hum, I thought P3S power-supply came with additional cable for the remote.
I found my remote. :rolleyes:

I use the cell wall-wart chargers that were made for cell phones, that bypass the USB, for convenience.👌

Rod ..

Adding this just cause that's where I headed to find the Manuel.

Rod +1 ...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic