Whats a good updated tablet?

It's my opinion the IOS s/w development team at DJI is more proficient than the Android s/w team. This has been proven over the years with new features appearing on IOS way before Android supports the same feature. The other reason I prefer IOS is because DJI s/w developers have a concise platform to develop for and test on, one manufacturer (Apple), and fewer models to test. With Android there are many manufacturers, and each manufacturer is using a different CPU architecture, making compatibility more sketchy to test and validate, way more risk involved, and much more testing needed to equal the quality steps needed for IOS. And we all know that DJI has a history of letting their customers do beta testing for them, so I vote IOS to fly DJI drones, even though I use Android for my personal phone.

If you can afford it, I recommend an iPad Mini 5. I've used an iPad Air2 with cellular for years, it worked well. About a year ago I bought the new regular ipad without cellular, and I'm happy with it, works well just like my iPad Air2. However had the new iPad Mini 5 been released, I would have bought that, because the physical size fits into the Mavic controllers with no adapter. I used a Mini2 with my MP for a year. It's really convenient to have the Mini fit the controller clips, eliminating setting up an adapter to hold my larger iPad every time I fly my M2Z, not to mention the added cost of the clip adapter and having to tote it around in the backpack, taking up space. With my MP I would leave the iPad Mini installed into the MP RC clips, and it would fit into my backpack, connected, ready to use. This made it convenient to LAUNCH FAST when I arrive my flight spot. I simply unfolded the MP, turned it on, turned on the RC, wait for GPS sat-lock, and take off. FAST and EASY. I like that.

Last edited:
It's my opinion the IOS s/w development team at DJI is more proficient than the Android s/w team.
Yes, there are lots of myths about this but the fact is that the app runs equally well on either operating system as long as you have a fast enough processor and enough RAM.
Use whatever operating system you like.

What's do you guys recommend for a good updated tablet?
I recommend a renewed 2018 9 or 12 inch iPad. They're stinking cheap and super powerful, and they work well with DJI. I don't have any experience with Android tablets. But apple tablets are awesome and affordable if you buy one that's 1 to 3 years old.

Reactions: Harleydude
What's being American got to do with it?
Exactly my first thought also.

On your recommendation I bought an M3 8.4 in April 2017 after the screen on my K1 died... and IMO it is still a great tablet. Nice screen, fast processor, 4GB Ram, GPS... and an SD card slot which I have a 64GB chip in at the moment - try that with an Apple.

I've used it daily and in the last year-and-a-half I've not seen a shred of evidence that Hauwei or China is spying on me or collecting/manipulating my data in any way. It has all but taken the place of my laptop and I use it for everything except editing video and writing long documents - and including banking and paying bills.

Weston, as soon as some Chinese concern wipes out my bank account, steals my passwords, and starts manipulating my online accounts I'll let you know.

Not saying I'm not careful online, but I stopped wearing my tinfoil hat long ago.

Exactly my first thought also.

On your recommendation I bought an M3 8.4 in April 2017 after the screen on my K1 died... and IMO it is still a great tablet. Nice screen, fast processor, 4GB Ram, GPS... and an SD card slot which I have a 64GB chip in at the moment - try that with an Apple.

I've used it daily and in the last year-and-a-half I've not seen a shred of evidence that Hauwei or China is spying on me or collecting/manipulating my data in any way. It has all but taken the place of my laptop and I use it for everything except editing video and writing long documents - and including banking and paying bills.

Weston, as soon as some Chinese concern wipes out my bank account, steals my passwords, and starts manipulating my online accounts I'll let you know.

Not saying I'm not careful online, but I stopped wearing my tinfoil hat long ago.
If anybody is spying on anybody, it's going to be Mapple.

Reactions: umanbean
If you are looking for a flying tablet in Android, you can't get any better than the Huawei M3 or M5.
Love my M3

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub