What voltage do you land while under load?

Reaction score
Geez, I know this question has been beat to death on just about every RC forum, including this one.

But, for those of you flying with OSD, at what voltage do you consider 'empty' and time to land? I know 3.7v (11.1v) is what a lot of people use as an 'at rest' voltage, but what does that generally translate to while under load? Haven't had enough flights and multimeter testing yet to verify the difference.

I'd suggest just starting with whatever voltage level you have set in the NAZA assistant for 1st-level final warning (when the LED starts to flash)...probably 10.7v unless you've changed it. You want to be landing before 10.6, so just judge based on your flight distance and how long it'll take you to return to not push it past that.

As some of ElGuano's data has demonstrated, the amount of time it takes you to go through .1v can vary widely based on what batt you're using and how you're flying.

OI Photography said:
I'd suggest just starting with whatever voltage level you have set in the NAZA assistant for 1st-level final warning (when the LED starts to flash)...probably 10.7v unless you've changed it. You want to be landing before 10.6, so just judge based on your flight distance and how long it'll take you to return to not push it past that.

As some of ElGuano's data has demonstrated, the amount of time it takes you to go through .1v can vary widely based on what batt you're using and how you're flying.

That info works for me, thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31