What to do after crash?

Reaction score
hi all. I am so happy to have found this group

I plan on learning everything I can while waiting for "my son's" new P3SE to arrive. I bought the DJI refresh with this one.

I am wondering what to do with the damaged P3S. I know what happened but I am not sure why it happened. When the low battery alert started beeping, it seemed like I had still a good amount of battery left so I brought it down and was just doing some low altitude practice maneuvers when it went into auto pilot, rose up in altitude and I had no more control over it. It returned to home but it was a bit off the mark and hit a tree and then crashed to the ground. The camera fell off, the battery popped out and one arm broke. Should I send it in for repair? Would it be financially worth it? Can I share the flight data here? If so, how do I do that? So many questions, I know. Sorry but I really appreciate any help.

cc

Cut-n-Crash, I can only address good practice to transport the LIPo battery after a crash. When you crash, remove the battery from the Phantom and place it in a LiPo-Safe bag or a steel ammo box. This is because the LiPo battery if damaged internally may catch on fire. There is no reason for alarm, it's just good practice to transport LiPo's in a fire resistant container. And, I'm sure you know to never leave these batteries unattended when charging.

hi all. I am so happy to have found this group

I plan on learning everything I can while waiting for "my son's" new P3SE to arrive. I bought the DJI refresh with this one.

I am wondering what to do with the damaged P3S. I know what happened but I am not sure why it happened. When the low battery alert started beeping, it seemed like I had still a good amount of battery left so I brought it down and was just doing some low altitude practice maneuvers when it went into auto pilot, rose up in altitude and I had no more control over it. It returned to home but it was a bit off the mark and hit a tree and then crashed to the ground. The camera fell off, the battery popped out and one arm broke. Should I send it in for repair? Would it be financially worth it? Can I share the flight data here? If so, how do I do that? So many questions, I know. Sorry but I really appreciate any help.

cc

Sorry to hear about your bird. There are a lot of people on here that really know the finite details about these quads. Be patient and I'm sure the gurus will give you all of the info that your requesting.

Reactions: cut-n-crash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers