What to buy to use as a screen on my P4P?

Yes, the Nvidia Shield K1 will fit.

Reactions: VP6799
Just got my nvidia shield today. So much better than my note 4 I was using. I put an anti glare screen protector on it and will test it all this weekend, as I've had my p4p since Friday and haven't had a chance to fly with it. I spent hours researching the best tablets for the dji remote. From what I read, which was over 100 posts, is the best/powerful ios device is the ipad pro. The best/powerful android device is the nvidia k1. I went for the K1 because I'm an android guy. Plus it's 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of the ipad pro.

Anyways, just fiddling with the k1, it's very fast and I haven't experienced any lag whatsoever. Plus it's 8 inches and pretty light weight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: VP6799
Don't mean to flame your thread but why would you buy a $1200 P4P and go for the cheapest model tablet for the controller?

Not sure if I'm right, but it seems the DJI products were designed to work better with Apple products. I see a large amount of issues being posted about this or that android device.

Incidentally, the iPad mini 4 and iPad air2 are the same price in either wifi only or cellular variant with the latter having a larger screen and faster processor.

Just curious.

I'm using an iPad Pro 9.7 and love it. Non cellular, hotspot for map data before I take off and then switch hotspot off. I can't recommend it enough.

Ditto on the iPad Pro 9.7. Superb display, probably at the upper size limit - any bigger, it might be top heavy and awkward. Operations are snappy fast and seamless, with zero issues. Battery life is outstanding and it does not heat up while running DJI Go 4 like my Asus pad. And it fits into the DJI holder (barely). Price is the major downside, obviously.

Reactions: Dza
Hi guys! I need a tablet with GPS, because if I need to do follow me or refresh home point, I will like to do. Nvidia Shield doesn't have, and iPad isn't an option because I never liked Apple.
I don't need a huge screen. With 7 inches I'll be good... which you suggest?
Happy new year for everyone in advance!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

With 7 inches I'll be good... which you suggest?
You can find a compatible 7" tablet here.

Even if you're not an Apple guy, you will be very pleased with an Apple device. They work very well right out of the box.

Don't mean to flame your thread but why would you buy a $1200 P4P and go for the cheapest model tablet for the controller?

Not sure if I'm right, but it seems the DJI products were designed to work better with Apple products. I see a large amount of issues being posted about this or that android device.

Incidentally, the iPad mini 4 and iPad air2 are the same price in either wifi only or cellular variant with the latter having a larger screen and faster processor.

Just curious.

Don't mind at all. LoL that's what I expect from the internet LoL.

My issue is I'm currently out of work due to a shoulder rotator cuff surgery that I had a couple of weeks ago. The P4P came from my "toy" fund. I can buy an iPad, but then I'll drain that account. So I decided to go a little cheaper and save some cash for now. The nvidia shield isn't a waste on my part. I'll sell it and get an iPad when I go back to work.

If the android platform isn't to my liking, then I'll just use my iPhone 7 plus until I go back.

Plus, the shield only cost me $130 brand new on Amazon.

Wow $130 for the K1, I just paid 200 for it through Amazon today. How did you find such a great deal. Thought I looked everywhere.

Wow $130 for the K1, I just paid 200 for it through Amazon today. How did you find such a great deal. Thought I looked everywhere.

If you sign up for the Amazon credit card, they give you a $70 off credit towards your first purchase. I didn't want the credit card, but the $70 off was worth it. I'll pay it when the card comes in and let it sit for a while before canceling it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've been reading some info on here about tablets to use with my P4P when it arrives. Even though i'm an apple guy, Android isn't a turn off for me since i've used that platform before.

I've narrowed it down to either buying a Google Nexus 9 or an Ipad mini with cellular. I'm probably looking at around the same price range for those 2 choices, so that's not an issue.

What's the recommended or liked platform? I know on some apps, android has more freedom than apple does.

Other than those 2 choices, are there any other options that I can look into without breaking the bank?

Thanks
Vic
I have been using a Samsung Galaxie Tab E. No problems, has GPS.

You can find a compatible 7" tablet here.

Even if you're not an Apple guy, you will be very pleased with an Apple device. They work very well right out of the box.
But these list says that Nvidia Shield K1 HAS GPS. In B&H webpage says GPS - Yes.
I read here that K1 don't have GPS, thats why I deleted it from the list!
If K1 has GPS, it's the best option for me! These GPS works fine with DJI GO? I can't understand why a user (I cant remember who) tells that K1 don't have GPS, and worse is my forgotten to google that :(

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Having GPS in your phone or tablet on the RC is essential if you ever want to fly from a boat. Otherwise RTH will take it back to where you launched the bird, not where you are now.

I've been reading some info on here about tablets to use with my P4P when it arrives. Even though i'm an apple guy, Android isn't a turn off for me since i've used that platform before.

I've narrowed it down to either buying a Google Nexus 9 or an Ipad mini with cellular. I'm probably looking at around the same price range for those 2 choices, so that's not an issue.

What's the recommended or liked platform? I know on some apps, android has more freedom than apple does.

Other than those 2 choices, are there any other options that I can look into without breaking the bank?

Thanks
Vic

For whats it worth my experience is as follows: I'm apple all the way as the Go App is more Apple friendly. If you want an Ipad mini get a mini 4 as previous models don't have anti-glare screens and that does make a difference. I moved from mini 3 to mini 4 to see this. I then moved to Ipad pro 9.7 which is actually the biggest that will fit on holder.

For whats it worth my experience is as follows: I'm apple all the way as the Go App is more Apple friendly. If you want an Ipad mini get a mini 4 as previous models don't have anti-glare screens and that does make a difference. I moved from mini 3 to mini 4 to see this. I then moved to Ipad pro 9.7 which is actually the biggest that will fit on holder.

That is the main reason I went with the shield. I really want an iPad Pro, but need to wait to go back to work again before I can swing it. The $130 price for the shield means I can sell it and not take a huge loss on it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm an Android user but in this case I'm considering an ipad. If you read through the support forums you'll find a DJI rep fielding years of complaints from Android users and part of their gripe is that the issue was fixed months/years ago on Apple. The rep told them that every implementation of Android is different so tracking down problems is much more difficult. I hope your K1 never has a problem. I'd rather buy that if I was convinced it would remain problem free.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT