what the *&&%$ amI doing wrong?

Reaction score
OK, so I would like to say that I am a pretty neat and clean installer. all my connections are soldered and shrink wrapped. I have a phantom 1.1.1 that I put a p330 v3 board in. This allowed me to get a canbus port (bought a leg strap-on from ebay)-the canbus connector on the 330 v3 is the same as the one on the mini IOSD so I bought that on ebay, used a multimeter to figure the leads and voila.

ANYWAY, so FPV- I bought a boscam tx/rx 351/305 I hooked it all up to my little fpv screen and got the picture I included here. Tried running thru the channels, some worse but no better. Sometimes it "snaps" straighter for a sec and I can see that my IOSD works and then it goes back to a swiggly jumbled mess. SO I figgures, "cloverleaf antenna". No better. I then figure "tx/rx" so I bought a tarot tr-300n set-SAME EXACT PICTURE! Changed channels here-same thing, some better none worse. So after reading some forums, I found the "your gopro is better on NTSC than PAL" solution-well it WAS on NTSC, switched to PAL and it got worse so switched it back to NTSC. switched antenna back to rubber ducky, same thing, switched to the boscam, same thing. OKAY, it HAS TO BE THE CAMERA! went out bought a 7 buck mini camera. same picture! Figures that it had to be the drone as this is the ONLY thing that did not change. I set up the cheap cam, on the boscam tx.rx, and ran it to a dvd player AND at the same time set up the gopro completely apart from the boscam, set it up with the tarot, and the video monitor, running it with seperate batteries. SAME WARPED PIC ON BOTH MONITORS!!
OK, so maybe its the neighbors wifi, my wifi, who knows? so I took both setups 37 miles away to my place of work in a farmers field and got the SAME SQUIGLY PIC OUT OF BOTH MONITORS! I am out of variables. please help!my plan was to perfect the setup and move it to my f550 but I cant seem to perfect it.

Attachments

• 20151219_001128[1].jpg
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 428
OK, so I would like to say that I am a pretty neat and clean installer. all my connections are soldered and shrink wrapped. I have a phantom 1.1.1 that I put a p330 v3 board in. This allowed me to get a canbus port (bought a leg strap-on from ebay)-the canbus connector on the 330 v3 is the same as the one on the mini IOSD so I bought that on ebay, used a multimeter to figure the leads and voila.

ANYWAY, so FPV- I bought a boscam tx/rx 351/305 I hooked it all up to my little fpv screen and got the picture I included here. Tried running thru the channels, some worse but no better. Sometimes it "snaps" straighter for a sec and I can see that my IOSD works and then it goes back to a swiggly jumbled mess. SO I figgures, "cloverleaf antenna". No better. I then figure "tx/rx" so I bought a tarot tr-300n set-SAME EXACT PICTURE! Changed channels here-same thing, some better none worse. So after reading some forums, I found the "your gopro is better on NTSC than PAL" solution-well it WAS on NTSC, switched to PAL and it got worse so switched it back to NTSC. switched antenna back to rubber ducky, same thing, switched to the boscam, same thing. OKAY, it HAS TO BE THE CAMERA! went out bought a 7 buck mini camera. same picture! Figures that it had to be the drone as this is the ONLY thing that did not change. I set up the cheap cam, on the boscam tx.rx, and ran it to a dvd player AND at the same time set up the gopro completely apart from the boscam, set it up with the tarot, and the video monitor, running it with seperate batteries. SAME WARPED PIC ON BOTH MONITORS!!
OK, so maybe its the neighbors wifi, my wifi, who knows? so I took both setups 37 miles away to my place of work in a farmers field and got the SAME SQUIGLY PIC OUT OF BOTH MONITORS! I am out of variables. please help!my plan was to perfect the setup and move it to my f550 but I cant seem to perfect it.

The monitor as well as the camera have video mode either NTSC or PAL.

Does the tx/rx switch it to pal or NTSC? I tried it both ways on the gopro-dont have the option on the cheepie-its just NTSC

Does the tx/rx switch it to pal or NTSC? I tried it both ways on the gopro-dont have the option on the cheepie-its just NTSC

The video transmitter, monitor and cheepie GoPro (if that is what it is) have to all be on NTSC since the camera only has NTSC.

If you want someone to answer your questions faster then use the reply button in the bottom right hand corner of the post. Using it will flag person you are communicating with a red number next to the flag in the gray bar indicating you either have a question or have posted an answer.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic