What Tablet to use with a P4

Reaction score
Hi All
I did use a Cube T7 but after having a 2nd issue with the **** tablet I'd sooner get rid of it and for for something more reliable

What are you guys using that is not priced over the moon

Is the Samsung Tab3 Lite 8GB VE 7" compatable ?

Cheers Marty

Last edited:
Is the Samsung Tab3 Lite 8GB VE 7" compatable ?
It's on the slower end of the commonly used tablets, but some pilots are using it with DJI GO. You can find other recommended and commonly used tablets here.

Just make sure it's the Nvidia Sheild K1. The original Shield battery is known to sometimes catch on fire.

If I was buying a mobile device to use with the P4, it would be an Apple iOS device mainly becase they are far more likely to work seamlessly with DJI drones and software, including most 3rd party software. I've been using everything from my iPhone 6s to my iPad Mini to my Ipad Air, to my iPad Pro with my Phantom 4. All work flawlessly except for my old original iPad Mini, which choked on the video data unless I dropped the preview spec to bare bones. I found the iPad Mini to be the ideal size, so I picked up an iPad Mini 4 with wifi and cellular, refurb from the Apple Store for $429 and put it on my AT&T account for $10/month. That's works great for me.

If you're solidly into Android, the nVidia Shield get good reviews as long as it doesn't catch fire.

Reactions: John Locke
It's on the slower end of the commonly used tablets, but some pilots are using it with DJI GO. You can find other recommended and commonly used tablets here.

If the Samsung Tab3 Lite is slow , is it the same speed as the Cube T7 ? or slower

Cheers

The Cube T7 specs show it has a 2 GHz CPU and 2 GB of RAM. So, it should technically be a little faster. Some devices just don't work well with DJI GO though. That's why I created this list.

Reactions: Cadbob
hello , I have a samsung note 10.1 (gt n8000 or 8013) installed dji go but no camera fpv.how to fix this? Or dji not supported?
And samsung galaxy s3 connected well but too lag :(

I got an Ipad Mini4 after having too many issues with the Android version crashing on nearly every flight. I have not had any issues since getting the Mini4.

From the Specification page:
Required Operating Systems
  • iOS 8.0 or later
  • Android 4.1.2 or later
Recommended Devices
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

• Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

That being said, I am using an Ipad Mini 4 without any issues.

From the Specification page:
Required Operating Systems
  • iOS 8.0 or later
  • Android 4.1.2 or later
Recommended Devices
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

• Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

That being said, I am using an Ipad Mini 4 without any issues.
No doubt everyone has seen that list......But if you see how many brands and types are being sold, its quite limited so to say...

Sent from my GT-N8010 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a mini iPad 1st generation or lg 8in android.the android seem to get a better picture but the cellular is not active on iPad and it is on the LG. Which one is recommended?

The iPad Mini 1 is definitely too slow to run DJI GO. Go with something on this list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.