What is the best tablet to use for the P4 pro v2?

I had an iPad Mini Series 2 with 16 mb memory. TOTALLY Inadequate! Slow and ghosting.
Upgraded to an iPad Mini Series 4 with 256 mb of memory. MUCH better, faster, and clearer.
You are confusing memory with storage.
The amount of storage on your iPad is not relevant to it's performance running the app.
What matters are the CPU and the amount of Memory

Memory
Mini 2: 1 GB RAM
Mini 4: 2 GB RAM

CPU
Mini 2: Apple A7: Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based)
Mini 4: Apple A8 (Dual-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon)

To answer your questions, an iPad Mini would be minimum.
The original iPad mini has the A5 processor, 512 MB of RAM and is completely inadequate to run the DJI Go app.
The only iPad mini that DJI recommend these days is the Mini 4.
104231xgasfuvzufsv50a0.png

Reactions: umanbean
I've been using iPad Pro 10.5 and Love it...
Fast, smooth and it has built in Screen Record if you want/feel like capturing what the flight looks like when using GO or Litchi...
And Litchi will stitch Ponorama photos together for cool shots like this Tiny Planet :)
08232018_Litchi-Tiny-Planet-1074_Jup-Lighthoues.png

In my mind, the question is how much FPV flying you intend to do. If you seriously want to do FPV flying, I'd invest in an Epson Moverio BT-300. On the other hand, in most of my video and still image work, I am much more comfortable using VLOS to position my drone for each video run, checking my iPhone (which has excellent contrast, saturation and clarity) to target a TapFly run, and then letting the drone fly by itself while I continue to monitor the drone with VLOS to see where it is as well as it's surroundings. Most video is done with many single, well planned, and short runs. This does not call for FPV flying. Doing still image photography, again, does not call for FPV flying. Of course, all of what I just said applies to using the drone for photography or cinematography.

The Samsung S3 works great with the V:2, it does not overheat, and you can see the screen outdoors. No complaints from me.

ianzone - which Samsung tablet are you using? I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 T819 and for a while it worked perfectly... then came the dreaded OS update which has completely stopped it from connecting. I've even re installed various older versions but it just will not connect. I've tried all the resolutions I have found on the web all the power everything off, start them in a given sequence, sacrifice a cockerell at a crossroads at midnight etc, bu nothing will get it to connect. The DJI kit is fine, I can connect to my S7 Edge no problem at all. and that gets every update that comes along. I'm now at thepoint whereI'm looking to buy a new tablet just to get it sorted.

ianzone - which Samsung tablet are you using? I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 T819 and for a while it worked perfectly... then came the dreaded OS update which has completely stopped it from connecting. I've even re installed various older versions but it just will not connect. I've tried all the resolutions I have found on the web all the power everything off, start them in a given sequence, sacrifice a cockerell at a crossroads at midnight etc, bu nothing will get it to connect. The DJI kit is fine, I can connect to my S7 Edge no problem at all. and that gets every update that comes along. I'm now at thepoint whereI'm looking to buy a new tablet just to get it sorted.
That's exactly why I went with the ipad mini4. I had no luck with my S2 and didn't care to screw around with it any longer.

Sorry for your trouble ShornW, but I find it troublesome (and sad) that a YEAR after I gave up using Android for flying people are STILL? having trouble with Android working with they're drones...
My first problem was with a NVIDIA Sheild K1 (that I LOVED for flying). It worked 100% perfect with DJI GO (until I did an OS update)...
It still connected and worked for flying but DJI GO "consistently crashed" on EVERY flight that was more than 6-7 minutes long...
I sent NVIDIA the reports and they said it was an issue with DJI GO but DJI obviously never did anything to correct it (K1 was still under warranty so I didn't try backing up to previous OS)...
So next I bought a new Samsung Tablet (just for flying) with the intention of NOT LETTING IT UPDATE, but as soon as it started up and connected (MY FAULT for not turning Auto Updates off before I connected to WiFi) it auto-updated the OS = it-never-not-once connect to my P3P with GO... I got it to connect with Litchi but that took multiple tries and even then it was trial and error (but in hind sight I'm OK with that because I returned it and bought a iPad) = first/only IOS I have ever owned and I have never once had any problems with the iPad Pro 10.5 (hundreds of flights with both P3P and P4Pro V2) and that includes after doing multiple IOS updates...

Adding that I got a WiFi only iPad (to save money) so I used to cach the location/maps at home before going out but my latest Samsung phone has HotSpot so now I simply connect to the iPad for a minute to cach the maps where ever I am before I fly...
Sucks that WiFi only iPad doesn't have GPS but I have never had an issue with that either (drone sets Home Point when it takes off)...

Still using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (since May) and very happy with it. When it first came out, there were some connection issues, but routine software updates from DJI and UgCS have cleared all that up. You can read the screen outdoors in full sun with the brightness turned all the way up and it does not overheat. It just barely fits in the stock tablet clamp, so if you want a big bright outdoors Android, you can't go wrong with the S3 tab. And now that the S4 is out, prices on the S3 have gone down. The S4 doesn't add anything extra that makes it better for our use.

When doing photogrammetry jobs (UgCS), I need an internet connection so I use the Samsung S8 Active cell phone as the remote display, and WiFi tether it to my Windows10 laptop. The S8 phone also has a bright screen, and since I have the big laptop screen to watch, I don't need another big screen mounted on the controller.

The iPad pro is a great tool as the screen gets brighter than other iPads. That is if you don't mind Apple. It's expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Especially if you're going to be professional.

Reactions: Drone Rivers
I used to use an ipad mini 3, but the updates exceeded what the tablet could do and it got glitchy; had to retire it. Upgraded to galaxy tab E 10.1" and it works like a charm...BUT I initially thought the more screen the better... now I realize that the screen size of the mini was perfect for my taste. The 10.1" tablet plus shade hood are cumbersome and want to flip upside down if you need to hang the remote from your neck. (drone in one hand, open a door with the other for example). Thanks for the info Meta. Newsflash - Chinese companies STEAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and have been for decades. Huawei now is #2 mobile device provider in the world after #1 Samsung, recently surpassing Apple. They are not "cheap Chinese crap". More likely, they have stolen all the best parts from the competition and offer it for less because no R&D costs!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl