What Tablet to use with a P4

Hi All
I did use a Cube T7 but after having a 2nd issue with the **** tablet I'd sooner get rid of it and for for something more reliable

What are you guys using that is not priced over the moon

Is the Samsung Tab3 Lite 8GB VE 7" compatable ?

After using my Samsung Note 4 and Samsung Tab A with my P3PI I decided to try the Nvidia Shield K1 for my P4 and so far I'm impressed!

If I was buying a mobile device to use with the P4, it would be an Apple iOS device mainly becase they are far more likely to work seamlessly with DJI drones and software, including most 3rd party software. I've been using everything from my iPhone 6s to my iPad Mini to my Ipad Air, to my iPad Pro with my Phantom 4. All work flawlessly except for my old original iPad Mini, which choked on the video data unless I dropped the preview spec to bare bones. I found the iPad Mini to be the ideal size, so I picked up an iPad Mini 4 with wifi and cellular, refurb from the Apple Store for $429 and put it on my AT&T account for $10/month. That's works great for me.

If you're solidly into Android, the nVidia Shield get good reviews as long as it doesn't catch fire.

Good choice. Just a note. The iPad Air 2 is the same price as the Mini 4 in all the respective variants. It does fit within the P4 controllers stock mount as well and you have the benefit of a 2 inch larger screen and longer battery life.

It's on the slower end of the commonly used tablets, but some pilots are using it with DJI GO. You can find other recommended and commonly used tablets here.
Buenas.
Yo tengo una TAB 3 Lite y va muy mal, la probe sin aplicacion ninguna y casi no puede ni arrancar DJI GO.
Trabajo con Galaxy S4 y la transmision de video es bastante regular.
He optado por adquirir una TAB S 8.4" T705 y de maravilla, nada que envidiar a Apple.

The Cube T7 specs show it has a 2 GHz CPU and 2 GB of RAM. So, it should technically be a little faster. Some devices just don't work well with DJI GO though. That's why I created this list.
How are you updating this list ? I've been using a Tab S2 9.7" and I dont have any issues , but I hear others are after last update to the Android firmware . And I dont even see that tablet on your list . Perhaps there should be a list of tablets that are no good for the DJI app.

IPad pro 9.7. I love it compared to my Galaxy Tab e. The tab e would fail to connect all the time and leave me in the lurch so often and I'd have to revert back to my Galaxy s5 phone. I finally got fed up with the galaxy and got an iPad pro celular, my first apple product and now I'm even thinking about getting an iMac desktop, I'm so impressed. I can even edit 4k video when I have nothing to do at work. IPad pro is AMAZING, and not one problem yet. Best thing I ever did lol :)

I'm using "Google Nexus 7 second generation (2013)" model tablet and it works great. Both with DJIGo and Litchi apps.

I have not used iPad mini with my P4, so can't compare performance, sorry.

I've been using a Tab S2 9.7" and I dont have any issues , but I hear others are after last update to the Android firmware . And I dont even see that tablet on your list .
It's on the list.

Ipad mini 2 never any problems and the size is nice...

Ipad mini 2 never any problems and the size is nice...
I use mini 2 also, works fine except in the heat. When the ambient temp is over 90F the display craps out, it overheats and can't decode the video stream. Once you cool it off it works ok again until it overheats. The car air conditioner works good for that. ReFreezable soft packs also do a good job. The mini 4 and Air 2 is less vulnerable to heat with the newer A8 CPU.

Last edited:
I use mini 2 also, works fine except in the heat. When the ambient temp us over 90F the display craps out, it overheats and can't decode the video stream. Once you cool it off it works ok again until it overheats. The car air conditioner works good for that. ReFreezable soft packs also do a good job. The mini 4 and Air 2 is less vulnerable to heat with the newer A8 CPU.
Never had a problem with mine overheating and I'm in Miami , hot practically year round...

Never had a problem with mine overheating and I'm in Miami , hot practically year round...
I know this is old, but do you still use a Mini 2? If so, what is your secret to avoid the overheating that many say plague this tablet?

Sorry, I use a P3A but accidentally posted here when it came up in a search. My bad.

Still use the mini 2 been flawless never a problem with heating up...

I know this is old, but do you still use a Mini 2? If so, what is your secret to avoid the overheating that many say plague this tablet?

Sorry, I use a P3A but accidentally posted here when it came up in a search. My bad.
Mine will overheat in temps over 90F. After it cools down it works OK again. It's important to use the iPad without a case to allow maximize cooling. I will often fly from inside my car on hot days with the motor and air conditioning running, preventing the overheating issue. You can also get a 12V ice chest and use gel ice packs on the back of the iPad, but that's a real hassle. I had to do that in Arizona one time when it was over 100F, while flying Superstition Mountain (nice flight if you get a chance).

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl